Posts by LindaF144a

Some day they are going to put a like button on here, cause I loooove this answer.I have not read the whole 10 pages. I stopped at this one. It was said so well ther is no need to contribute to what I am sure is a debate on baking for scratch vs. mix thing again.But bottom line is yes, they lied. We get that all the time. The name of my shop is From Scratch and all my competitors have gone to great lengths to include those two words in the description of their products....
Actually, there is a difference and there is hi-ratio cake flour. I use it in my shop, it does raise higher than the cake flour you buy in the store. I also take measures in my recipes to control the flour. I'm unwilling to post publicly how I do that. When I tested the hi-ratio flour against the one available for the home market there was a huge difference. Also where the wheat is grown will make a difference in how it reacts. It is worth it to do some independent...
My lemon cake does not fall, and I use more than just the zest. And it is from scratch. I make lemon cupcakes every day in my cake shop and it is one of my most popular cakes too. Never had a problem. But without seeing the recipe it is hard to say why.And no. I'm sorry, but I will not be sharing my recipe.
There are at least 4 cupcakes stores in my area where cupcakes are all they make. There are several other shops that throw them in with everything else because it is the new trend. We have cupcakes everyday in about 15 different flavors plus cookies and specialty cakes. I am the only one in the area that bakes from scratch. There is not a day that goes by where I get several customers who come in and are converts to our cupcakes. We are new and we are learning that word...
I have not been on much - due to opening my own cake shop. I have had great success and it continues to go well. I bake from scratch. I don't sell out every day. I usually have about 1-2 dozen left over, which is good. That way I don't lose income from people coming in and nothing being available. We did have days where we did sell out. But after 6 months being open I am finally figuring out when to increase production and when not to.The original OP said nothing...
Sugar and egg whites are not artificial, neither is meringue powder. RI is high in sugar and I personally cannot think of anything you could use as a replacement that does not contain the same amount of sugar content and hardens.
We have 1, 2, 4, 6 and 12 count boxes with inserts. We use plastic for minis.Yes, single boxes eat into the PM. But that is what happens when you have a store front. I am not about to not offer a single box because it eats into my PM. That is the price of business sometimes. The box we go through the most is the 4 count. We have a 4 count minimum before you can charge and most people take home 4 cupcakes. Surprisingly, 1 count is the one we use the least. After the...
I hang up.
Interesting, because I make the same kind and I never have a problem with theses recipes. It is the citrus ones I have the most problems with.
Those WS Goldtouch pans are good heavy weight pans also. You can feel the weight when you pick them up, not like the Wilton pans. Those things are lightweights.