Posts by LindaF144a

If you look for a recipe for home made marshmallow cream, you get the base of Italian or Swiss Meringue without the butter added as a recipe. So adding the butter to a jar of marshmallow cream will give it the consistency of these kind of butter creams. The powdered sugar will sweeten it up considerably and the vanilla gives it a flavor profile. The cream is probably to make it creamier. It should not need refrigeration with the cream. I make a cream based recipe and...
At my shop we tell everybody to not refrigerate their cupcakes as they will dry them out. We recommend freezing or leaving them on the counter in the box. With the exception of fillings or frosting that need to be kept refrigerated or go bad, there is no reason to refrigerate cupcakes. We are getting stickers for our boxes that say "do not refrigerate".
I used sexy pink to make a treasure chest. It worked great, I really liked the way it handled. The problem is it is flavored raspberry which is an artificial flavor and gives off a very sickly sweet smell. I would not use it for a whole cake or buy it for my store again for those reasons.
If you get an air bubble in the cake pop, "oil" will seep out. Actually it is the moisture in the cake. It is not oil because I don't use oil and have experienced this problem. Now what we do is dip them and look for air bubbles coming up to the surface. When we find them, we pick them with a pin and let the chocolate fill them back up. No whole means no leaking.
Why do you knead it for 20 minutes? That is too long and it is starting to dry out. IMO and experience, nothing brings it back after it starts to dry out. You should only need to knead to 5 minutes at the most to get it where you can roll it out. If it is a large amount for several tiers of cake, do it in sections. Always keep it in a tight, airproof plastic bag. Put each section in the bag after you knead it to keep it moist.As for rolling it out, we use The Mat at...
I bet you I know which one you are talking about. Yep, she had a line. She also had good luck. She had her show on the week before February recess. Want something to do with the kids, go get a cupcake. While I didn't have a line for hours like she did, I was just as busy and sold out every day. We upped our production by tripling what we normally do and I still did not have enough to last me till closing. And I got an earful too. Like how she only baked 1,000...
I've posted about this before. I believe it is the pan. I made minis for an event, 1,000 of them. The ones that peeled away from the liner were made in the thin wilton mini cupcakes pans I bought at the last minute. The heavy duty, very heavy pans I bought from a wholesale place on line had none of the cupcakes peel away from the liner. I believe it is a heat factor. The heavy duty pan heats up faster,and is hotter longer after it comes out of the oven than the light...
Well, it's no surprise they made it legal. I know of quite home processors who already were doing it.
[quote="gatorcake"]This is a marketing gimmick. All bleached cakes flours (I have come across one that claims it is hi ratio that is unbleached--so bleached naturally as opposed to chemically) are designed for high ratio cakes. The chlorination process makes it possible for the batter to contain more sugar/water than flour. However not all cake flours are equal.No it is not a marketing gimmick. It is from personal experience. Also my neighbor is the general manager of...
Convection gas ovens are not good for cake baking. It dries them out.