Posts by Julie_S

Which is the correct orange creamsicle cake from Macmom?   Is it this one? (I would cut this recipe in half) RECIPE NUMBER 1 Orange Dreamsicle - MacsMom 2 boxes white cake mix 2 c melted orange sherbet 2/3 c OJ or diet orange soda (soda suggested by cinderspritzer: "I added ... diet sunkist soda.... and it tastes FREAKING AWESOME!!!") 2 c flour 2 c sugar 3 (6oz) orange creamsicle yogurt 6 eggs 1/4 c oil 1 T orange extract *Perhaps some food...
My cupcakes are standard size - 2 x 1 1/4 liners   I'm getting the 32 oz liquid Rich's Bettercreme and whipping it myself.   How many standard cupcakes would this ice aproximately?   Also, can I whip this stuff using a hand mixer? I dont' have a stand mixer. Thanks!
Hello, I have a regular, freezer on top, fridge on bottom type of refrigerator.   I'm trying to come up with a way to properly store 100 cupcakes in the freezer. I like freezing cupcakes but I've never had to do this many before. I'm thinking about wrapping each cupcake in saran wrap. Is this feasible? Is there a freezer bag large enough to toss a bunch in there and zip it up and then put in freezer and would this eliminate the need to tightly wrap each on...
The standard size tin will not hold it. Do I have to go to the muffin size tin? How does this work out of you if you do this? Is it the Texas muffin pan that I need? Thanks, Julie
Hi,   I cannot get a handle on cupcake tins and liner sizes.   I have a "standard" size tin where each cup measures about 2/34 across the top using a ruler and have been using standard size liners. These cupcakes are coming out a little too small for my liking. yet, I don't want to use a jumbo tin designed for humugo sized muffins either.     I figure a good cupcake size might be about 3 inches on the top diameter.  is there such a pan with that cup...
  Hi BakingIrene,   This is what I don't understand. The receipe direction say to " Roll on a heavily floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. cutter."     Here is a link to the actual recipe. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Sour-Cream-Cutout-Cookies   I just don't get it. thanks, Julie
I'm just trying to understand how this recipe could ever work the way it was listed.   This is the 2nd time this has happened. This recipe was posted on Taste of Home and has many good ratings. I've seen similar sugar cookie recipes with similar ratios of eggs and butter to flour. When I made this recipe, in order to be a rollable, dough I needed to add 3 additional cups of flour. Using only the 31/2 cups listed below, - the dough was no where  rollable - it was...
Hi, I never used pearl dust before. If I have gold and purple roses made of fondant/gum tex combo and I want to liven them up a bit, would white or silvery wilton Pearl dust do the trick? Or do you have to get the same color pearl dust to match the color of your fondant?   Thanks, Julie
Thank you for your answers. This helps a lot. Julie