Posts by MariaK38

Hi everyone! I'm getting ready to have a "constant display" at the Wedding Connection here in my town. They're basically a bridal show all the time, and people can come in and look at the displays and information on products for their weddings. Once a month they have an actual bridal show where I can hand out samples and be there for the brides to talk to.I already have my cupcake tower ready with cupcake dummies. I'd like to do some cookies, too, but I'm not sure if I...
I used mine with satin ice the other day and it worked really well. I rolled out the fondant pretty thin on the mats brushed with a little crisco and let them sit out to dry for about an hour. after the letters were cut, I put the mats in the freezer for about 15 minutes before removing.hope this helps!
thanks Annie!I also really like the digital frame idea. I haven't done too many weddings, just two so far, so I don't have tons of pictures. But one day I will! Since I don't have alot of pictures, I decided to make cupcake dummies (mini and standard) decorated with royal icing and fondant, sugar, and chocolate decorations, etc. I also made some cookies decorated different ways so the brides can see what I do, and some of my other edible favors.Thanks again for your help!
re: the small cups with lids... I get mine at GFS (Gordon Food Service). I think they also have them at Sam's Club.
thank you, Annie! your information was very helpful. I'm doing a smaller bridal show next weekend, and I'm always worried about how many samples to bring.one question for you... I do cupcake towers and edible favors. I'll be making mini cupcakes for one of my samples, but after I frost them and put the lid on the cup, the frosting gets smashed. Is that a turn off for people, or does it not matter much? Should I cut the bottom off the cupcake so it all fits?Thanks! ...
Hi! I'm trying to figure out if this recipe will hold up in warmer weather. It's a faux imbc posted in recipes on this site. It has 3.5 c marshmallow creme, 2.5 c butter, salt, 2.5 c powdered sugar, and vanilla. this is a really yummy icing, but I'm not sure if I can offer it during the warmer months or for outdoor weddings for my cupcakes.What do you cake experts think?Thanks! Maria
especially love the humble bumble... too cute!
sorry about that... I'll try again...http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=475360752649&set=a.475360632649.279855.567902649
I did one for my candle party I had earlier this year. I'm not a cake decorator so I don't do molded things (I do candy, cookies, and cupcakes), but I atleast wanted to try it. I printed out edible images from the company's website to put around the side of the cake and the logo to put on the top. The consultant liked it so much she set it as her Facebook profile picture for weeks! Anyway, it's pretty amateurish, but it's not a bad idea. Here's a link to the...
I'd love to see that, too... with patterns and tips for making patterns. I'm trying to start doing this and I'm having trouble with the planning and pattern part.