Posts by MariaK38

yes, that's true. the stick attaches to a little disc type thingie and that goes in the bottom of the tube through the inside where you put the cake & icing. the actual stick never touches the food, and you just push it up a little at a time and the disc thingie pushes up the cake. sorry, it's kind of hard to explain.there are stands that you can set them in, and they're very helpful for when you're filling them up. here's a...
Hi! I'm doing some cake pushpops this weekend, some with red/white/blue layers of icing, and some with gold/green.When I've made these before with colored icing, within a few hours some of the coloring "dyes" the top part of the cut piece of cake (white or light colored cake) under it. It doesn't affect the taste, but it doesn't look the best.Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the dyed cake, but the link will take you to a picture of some that were just done, so...
$2.50 for me too.so far, the experimenting is working well, although the humidity suddenly disappeared today and it's not quite as hot. they've been sitting on my back deck for the last 5.5 hours and they look great! the only thing that went wrong is the peanut butter cups started melting a tiny bit about 4 hours in. So I think making a sample of each flavor and keeping the rest in coolers might work.Thanks for all the help!
thanks everyone! I'm in the middle of "testing" the best way to keep my pushpops fresh. I have some in a cooler on my front porch, and it's 90 and humid today! I also have some in the freezer and some in the fridge to see how they do and if they last longer in the cooler, and if when they defrost, they still taste good. It's a cake pushpop laboratory around here!Thanks, homemadeupgrade... I'd love to know how it works out for you this weekend! Good luck at your...
Hi! Just got word that I can sell my cake pushpops at an outdoor festival in June, July, and September. I use indydebi's buttercream recipe, so no butter. But it gets pretty hot and humid here, and I'm concerned. I will be under a basic canopy, but it will still be hot.My main display is a big tower that fits 51 pushpops. I'm not sure if I should set that up or not because of the heat (and just keep most of the pops in a cooler), but I hate not to because it really...
anyone? please?
btw, I used indydebi's buttercream recipe made with hi ratio shortening. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Hi! I tried searching for this answer but couldn't find it. So here goes...I made some cake pushpops for a charity bake sale today. Some of them had mini m&m's on top of the icing in between the layers. Left them overnight, and when I came back this morning, the shell's color had "bled" onto the buttercream icing. They looked awful and I was mortified!Has this ever happened to any of you with m&m's and buttercream? I'm trying to figure out whether it's humidity (it's...
thank you so much! I feel like I"ve been all over town the last few days looking for mugs! I've given up the mug idea, though. Thanks for the tips on other containers. But my dollar store must not be as good as yours... went yesterday with an open mind and found nothing except teeny tiny flower pots. Oh well!I may go with 2-piece white flower boxes with ribbon around it. No styrofoam needed, which really cuts down on the cost.Thanks again!
Hi everyone! I was thinking of adding cake pop bouquets to my business. I was set on using occasion (birthday, get well, etc.) coffee mugs for the container, but I can't find them anywhere except online, and with shipping they're so expensive! I've found plain colored ones here, but I'm not sure if people would like them or not. Would you like a plain coffee mug? I'm trying to decide if I should do the plain coffee mugs (around $2 each) or the little metal buckets...