Posts by MariaK38

no problem! I just happened to go to Ikea yesterday to return something and get some new cutting boards and walked right by them. Talk about great timing on our parts! I love the papers, too. The designs on them are so different.
thank you! I use a projector... can't freehand for anything! Luckily my 13 y.o. son designed the stick figures on a motorcycle for these upcoming cookies, or there's no way I would have gotten the job! The bride and groom like it so much, they're using the design for their invitations, too! My son is so excited... his first paying gig!Maria
I saw some "straight up" pans at Ikea yesterday with papers that go straight up, too. they're still "crinkled,", but they go up instead of out.http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00133038
thanks, lambshack! I'm going to try this next week!
Hi! I will be making some cookies soon with white flood royal icing and bride and groom stick figures on a motorcycle with edible markers. She wanted red flood icing, but the markers won't really work well on top of that color. So we settled on white flood and red piping around the outside.She'd really like the motorcycle to be silver. I can't find a silver edible marker, so I thought I'd try and paint on some silver luster dust mixed with clear vanilla over the...
thank you, Linda! the cupcakes are topped with a twist of chocolate buttercream and a whipped peanut butter buttercream. A buckeye is made with smooth peanut butter, at least mine are, and dipped in chocolate. I've seen some recipes with crunchy peanut butter, rice krispies, and graham cracker crumbs added. Mine are more simple and more of a traditional Ohio buckeye.I'm still playing around with the cake recipe to alleviate the dryness... I'll get it eventually!I love...
I have the chocolate cake recipe. It was a tad dry, but next time maybe I'll cook it a little less or cut down on the flour a tad.Here it is... I think I got it from this website, actually!Chocolate Cupcakes:1/2 cup (50 grams) Dutch-processed cocoa powder1 cup (240 ml) boiling hot water1 1/3 cups (175 grams) all purposeflour2 teaspoonsbaking powder1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 cup (113 grams) unsaltedbutter, room temperature1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar2 large eggs2...
Finally, thanks to all of your tips, I've baked a buckeye inside of a cupcake! I used a scratch recipe instead of a box mix and plopped the buckeye on top right before I put it in the oven, and it came out just the way I wanted it to. I topped it with twisted chocolate and whipped peanut butter buttercream icings. Man, is it good!I'm trying to add a picture of it... if it doesn't show up, you can see it on my website, www.mariasbuckeyesfavors.com under Cupcakes!Thanks...
a buckeye is a peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate, they're really big here in Ohio!I think you might be right about the heaviness... I used a box mix and put the buckeye on top of some of the batter and then covered it with more batter. I might try it again by baking it halfway, putting the buckeye in, then finishing the baking.thanks for all the tips!
I did some today, and the buckeyes sunk to the bottom. They're yummy, but I need to find a way so the sinking doesn't happen because it makes the cake come off on the liner on the bottom and you can see the buckeye. It's always something! Any suggestions would be appreciated!