Posts by MariaK38

Hi! I usually make cream cheese buttercream with butter and shortening, but it's supposed to be really hot and humid here tomorrow, and I like indydebi's bc recipe. How would I make it into a cream cheese bc.... by substituting some of the shortening with cream cheese? or adding cream cheese on top of the shortening?thanks for your help!
would ganache hold up on a hot day on a cupcake? probably not, huh? also, if I used poured ganache on layered cake in a jar, would it make the cake soggy? sorry, I don't know that much about ganache but would like to use it more in place of buttercream. Thanks!
I used to have the same issue, and it was because I didn't break the cake up enough. So now I use my mixer with the whip attachment to break up the cake and then I "knead" the cake crumbs into a "dough." If I have to, I'll add a tablespoon or two of frosting. Now my cake balls come out much better. Some others use a food processor, but I don't have one.Good luck to you!
I ordered mine to use for my peanut butter buckeye candies. I'll get it on the 27th, can't wait to play!
I love making mine, but I may have to give it up for a while for medical reasons - just when I'm getting this "off the ground!"I bake a larger sheet cake and cut out the circles with a 1 3/4" cookie cutter. The top will also work, but I find they stick less frequently to the cookie cutter. I use indydebi's bc recipe as my base and I also use toppings (oreos, colored sugar, sprinkles, etc.). I sell them for $2.50 each. Pictures of mine are...
thanks! I've already posted on my site and facebook page that I won't be taking any orders until after the first of the year.the condition, unfortunately, is not curable. it's just a matter of keeping it under control. I think I've read too much about it because it sounds like in alot of people it escalates, and I'm worried about that. too many "could happens" right now I guess.thanks for your advice.
HI! I have a small business making cake pushpops, cupcakes, edible favors, and buckeyes. Completely out of the blue after a routine eye exam, I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri, a condition that acts like a tumor but isn't one. It's considered a benign condition, but can be unpredictable because it can cause massive cranial pressure/headaches and loss of vision. I'm thinking we caught mine early because I've only had the pressure and one blind spot in each eye. ...
what a nice idea! I'd like some names too, please. I have a small biz making Cake PushPops, but I always get calls asking if I make cakes, which I don't. I'd love to be able to refer them to another small biz owner. And in turn, maybe the cake people could refer people to me for PushPops if they're looking for something different.So if you're a Dayton Ohio baker, please PM me and I'll start a list. Teresa, please PM me with your contact info.Thanks! Maria
thanks for the nice compliment! martellato usa and pastry chef also have them in cases of 100. if you need fewer, there's a couple of sellers on etsy that sell them in lower quantities.
hi! I make something similar, Cake PushPops. I make a larger sheet cake and cut it into 1 3/4" circles so they fit snugly in the push pop tube. This means that you can lay them in a box for delivery and the cake stays put. I also use clear tape over the lid to make sure it stays on in transport. Sometimes one or two of the lids came off, and it drove me nuts. So I use the tape.In the beginning, I preferred to make cupcakes because it used all of the cake batter, but...