Posts by MariaK38

Hi, does anyone have the Artograph Designmaster Projector for using with cookies? I'd like to get one ($170, free 2 day shipping on Amazon), but I'd like some user reviews first. I saw some here, but they didn't answer my questions, which are...Is the image sharp enough or is it really blurry? Sharp enough to pipe or draw fairly simple images that I can't freehand?Does the clamp work well on a kitchen table?Does it work the same way as a Kopykake (first get the image in...
beautiful! here's the recipe I use...http://lilaloa.blogspot.com/2012/04/vanilla-variation.htmlShe also has a chocolate one that tastes like a brownie... so good! They're both great tasting cookies that don't spread.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PlasticsinPrint?ref=af_you_favitemI ordered the soccer ball, can't wait till it comes in. He's taking suggestions on his Facebook page for image press ideas, and he does custom ones (for logos, etc.) I'm hoping this makes it a little easier when decorating... I get a lot of soccer balls and always dread doing them. Looks promising!
I like the Reynolds white liners (box of 300 or 500 at GFS) or the Reynolds white with foil liners from the grocery store. They're the only ones that consistently stay on the cupcake, at least for me.
you should probably talk to both counties, just in case you also sell in yours. and take a look at the farmers market's vendor agreement. sometimes they have other stipulations, like carrying a liability insurance policy (the big one up here in Dayton requires that).
Yes, definitely check with your county's health office, since regulations can vary from county to county.Hope it works out for you!
Liability insurance is also important, just in case someone makes a claim of illness, etc. after eating your cupcakes. It's fairly inexpensive. I've never had a claim against me and don't anticipate one, but I still carry insurance just in case... helps me sleep at night!
Holy cow, you're an expert!Thank you so much for the great info.!
Hi! Making some cupcakes next week for a mustache themed birthday party. The client wants cupcakes with a layer of buttercream and then buttercream mustaches on top of that.First of all, they want some of them colored sandy blonde. Any ideas on how to get this color?Second, I'm not sure how to pipe mustaches with buttercream. I know they won't stand up like a topper or a royal icing mustache, but I'd like for them to stand out somehow and not just blend in to the icing...
I use lilaloa's recipes for vanilla and chocolate sugar cookies. They're on her blog, just google lilaloa. The chocolate ones taste like brownies! They don't spread at all... I cut them pretty close together and slid the parchment I rolled them on right on to the cookie sheet and baked. I was so surprised that they looked the same as they did when I put them in, except baked!