Posts by MariaK38

A custom cake/cookie/cupcake maker and decorator will never be able to compete with a grocery store, and they shouldn't have to or want to.  Bakery items at a grocery store are a loss leader... they make no money on those cakes, etc., and they know this.  They get people in the door to pick up things they've ordered from the bakery (at a loss), and while they're there, they get other marked up items (ice cream, plates, party supplies, etc.).  It's kind of like "bait."...
Wilton has some out, but they're not completely clear.  They're white with a clear circular window in the front.  http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=94D539DE-E915-600A-4C5B16B1E0E1ABC2&fid=FC5E79A1-09E3-8F94-11A9307475B955C2
Re: the refrigeration question... if you make them with cream cheese, they need to be refrigerated until serving.  I made some with icing so I didn't have to refrigerate them and they turned out great.  I thought they would be over the top sweet but they weren't at all.  
I use a fountain ready/fondue chocolate melt from Chocomaker.  You can get it in 2 lb. bags at Hobby Lobby or The Flower Factory or online.  It melts down so smooth and liquidy and is so easy for dipping.  And the cake pop comes out looking so smooth when dry. Good luck to you!
Hello!  I'm having an issue I can't find the answer for and hope you can help me!  I made some lego heads and two tiered wedding cakes cake pops out of chocolate dough today and dipped the legos in yellow melts and the cakes in white Merckens melts.   The issue I'm having is that the chocolate cake is showing through the light colored chocolate, kind of like a shadow.  The pop is totally covered, but you can tell that the cake is chocolate underneath.   So I tried...
I started on Facebook for my business and recently put together a free website with weebly.com. Check them out! My website isn't fancy, it's more simple and straightforward, but I'm hoping it will do the job. Here's a link if you want to see mine...http://mariasbuckeyefun.weebly.com/Good luck with your business!Maria
Thanks for all the helpful comments! I decided to go with simpler shapes. Here's a link to some pics of my kids decorating some cookies from the kit... I plan to use them in marketing the kits.https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.434514426601527.137614.423697254349911&type=3
Here's a pic of the fairy princess kit. I decided to put the frosting in cups and include 2 popsicle sticks for spreading and 2 baggies with a note about spreading and piping with the bags.
Good points, thanks! I was thinking that buttercream might be too hard for a kid to squeeze, but maybe I could thin it down just a tiny bit. I totally plan on using my own two kiddos (7 & 9) as gineau pigs before I sell!
Hi! I'm looking to expand my cookie business a bit with kids cookie kits that I plan to sell at local craft fairs/farmers markets this fall. Each kit will have 2 or 3 shaped cookies (depending on size), 2 souffle cups of colored buttercream, 3 souffle cups of toppings (sugar, sprinkles, candies), and 2 plastic knives for the icing. I'm trying to go low overhead, so the packaging is a stand up cello bag with a ribbon and my tag. Each kit will be $6.00. Also in the bag will...