Posts by MariaK38

wow, those look great!  I appreciate you posting the picture.  Thank you!
Hi! Does anyone know if you can airbrush crusted buttercream flowers? For instance, if I piped roses, put them on a cookie sheet to rest, then airbrushed them? I'm thinking this might be a handy way to gethem done for a very "flowery" cake without coloring a bunch of different colors of icing. What do you think? I'm asking because I don't have an airbrush and can't do a test run. Thanks!
Thanks!
Hello!  I'd like to add a new dimension to my cupcakes and cupcake cakes by offering simple fondant flowers/decorations to my cupcakes and cupcake cakes.   Do you prefer to use the plunger cutters (I like the butterfly and daisy with the imprints) or the silicone molds to make your decorations?  I've been looking at both and can't decide which would be easier to use and which would be best for my purposes.   Thanks for your help!
Good morning!  I've been asked to make cake pops like these and I'm not sure the best way to get the chocolate "wool" effect.  Also, I can't figure out how they got the ears on there, if it's just more chocolate or if it's a flat piece dipped and attached.  What do you guys think?  Any tips would be great!  Thanks!
thank you very much!
Hi!  I'd like to put personalized images/text on the larger marshmallows but I'm not quite sure the best way to do it.  I'd loooove one of the printers that prints right on them (only $14,000!), but sadly, not gonna happen.  So the only other way I could think to do it was to use the edible images, either frosting sheets or wafer paper.  Which one would work better?  Has anyone ever done this?  Any tips you could give me?   Thanks!           Maria
Anyone?  Can you share why you would use cake boxes over plastic clamshell boxes, or vice versa?  thanks!
Hi!  I had a bit of an issue over the weekend with putting my iced cupcakes in a plastic clamshell container.  I thought I left them open long enough for the icing to crust and then closed the container, but maybe not.  The icing got kind of "uncrusted" and soft by the next day.  It was odd.  Does the icing need air overnight?  Has anyone had this issue?  What did you do to avoid it.  Would using cardboard boxes be better, or will they dry the cupcakes out?   Thanks!
I use the Reynolds white liners.  You can get them at GFS in a box of 500 for around $4.  If I need a colored or patterned one, I still bake in a white liner and pop it into the special one after baking.  I find that these liners work best and don't separate from the cupcake like others do.