Posts by MsGF

I strictly bake Gluten-Free and all my recipes are from scratch.  I have worked them out through lots of trial and error.  Lots of cash and lots of trash.  Now that they are perfected, I will never give them out.     If I give them out then I will no longer be "the lady with the yummiest Gluten-Free Cakes ever".  My customers love my cakes and so does my family, so I keep them close to my heart.
Very clever.  I love the creativity of people.  I never would have thought of that.  Very neat.
I strictly bake GF (I have Celiac) and I checked the recipe and I don't believe that is the problem.  I bake all my cakes at 350*.  I think your personal oven is off.  Turn down the temp to 325-330 and bake it longer until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Also keep pan(s) in the center of oven, if there is more than 1 pan make sure there is at least 1 -2" of space between them.  Don't butt them up against each other, make sure there is enough space...
PM Jason Kraft.  He is very experienced with nut free ingredients.  He has a nut allergy.   Good Luck MsGF 
I totally agree with ellavanilla too.  From my experience people who are serious get down to business and then leave it your capable hands and move on to other details.  People who ask a lot of questions and can't decide quickly aren't really interested.
I think it would look very nice.  But you don't really have to use the pattern transfer method, you could just free hand that design because it isn't detailed.  If you free hand it, it the process will be faster I think.  Also there isn't a ton of time during class to finish a detailed and complicated cake.  Maybe you might be better to try that design at home when you have lots of time to fiddle with it and just make the cupcake transfer in class.  I also teach The...
I was given a can of this product (I'm an instructor) by the company.  I won't use it either.  I think it is a really dumb product.  I would not use it on my cakes.  It contains propellants, not good.  I also don't think it is necessary to add extra crap to cake.  That is what grocery stores do.  Make crap with added yucky stuff.  No thanks.  Also I'm strictly  GF and it says "may contain wheat".  I think this is an unnecessary product that will be a big flop.  Crumb...
I have Cake Boss Software and I love it.  It keeps everything organized.  Makes pricing easier.  I recommend it.  It takes a bit to input all your info, but then you are off and running.  I never have to worry about under pricing.  It was definitely worth the price.
Tell her when you are available, and make her work it out.  I don't think you are being unreasonable.  She sounds like a hassle.    I don't go out of my way for people.  For me this isn't personal, it's business.  I also have a life and things to do, and I won't give up my plans for a customer. For me this is a hobby business I legally share with others.  I also teach decorating, have a family, a life and plans.  Set out your available times and let her decide which day...
I have people pick up their cakes, unless they have arranged delivery and set up, for a fee of course. I also tell them how best to travel with the cake and have them sign the receipt, that the cake was perfect when they picked it up.  I also let them know I am not responsible for the cake once it leaves my possession.  I haven't had any problems.  I don't want to be driving all over the place.  Seems like a hassle.