Posts by MsGF

On the Craftsy site, one of the decorators uses Scotch Tape on her fondant covered cake before painting it to get her design.  I think it was Collette Peters, not positive though.  There is a free video of her using this technique floating around.  If I have time I will try to find it.  But I'm sure others have seen it too.
I think it was taped off and airbrushed.  Same as the stripes.   I don't believe it is gold leaf because it it too smooth and perfect looking.  Also the first and second tiers also contain the same colour and consistency of gold.   Definitely airbrushed. 
Your post says you crumb coated with caramel bc.  When you use ganache you don't crumb coat with bc.  You just use the ganache to crumb coat and ice.  And with a soft filling you need a good dam inside to hold it in.   This test cake will still be yummy.
Dogwood blossoms only have 4 petals.  Google image magnolia flower.
The are magnolias.     Very pretty cake.
I had that happen a couple times when I let the cake cool too long in the pan.   So if you are cooling the cakes in their pans, try cooling them on a rack out of the pan.   I figured it was moisture build up from sitting in the pans to cool. So now I always turn them out immediately onto a rack.  Hasn't happened since.   Good luck figuring it out.
I have this flower nail.     Second row Flower Nail Ateco #10   http://kitchenware.goldaskitchen.com/search?p=Q&srid=S2-USWSD01&lbc=goldaskitchen&ts=custom&w=flower%20nail&uid=92442117&method=and&isort=score&view=grid&srt=0   It can be used in a similar fashion and you can make little cones out of wafer paper.  The edges will stick together with a very tiny bit of water.  I think that is what they are using in the video, but maybe they purchase theirs ready made....
I strictly bake Gluten-Free and all my recipes are from scratch.  I have worked them out through lots of trial and error.  Lots of cash and lots of trash.  Now that they are perfected, I will never give them out.     If I give them out then I will no longer be "the lady with the yummiest Gluten-Free Cakes ever".  My customers love my cakes and so does my family, so I keep them close to my heart.
Very clever.  I love the creativity of people.  I never would have thought of that.  Very neat.
I strictly bake GF (I have Celiac) and I checked the recipe and I don't believe that is the problem.  I bake all my cakes at 350*.  I think your personal oven is off.  Turn down the temp to 325-330 and bake it longer until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Also keep pan(s) in the center of oven, if there is more than 1 pan make sure there is at least 1 -2" of space between them.  Don't butt them up against each other, make sure there is enough space...