Posts by Pearl645

Also check out Wilton's wedding cake serving chart for cake sizes. They are more generous than Earlene Moore's cake servings. 6" & 10" round stacked cakes will give you 50 servings. I use the latter though out of safety and because I don't charge by the serving. Once again all the best!
I really love your cake. I like the blue isomalt shards of ice. This was well done.
You can do 8" & 12" round stacked cakes for 60 servings according to Earlene Moore's cake serving chart. This is what I use for wedding cakes. I'm sure 8" & 11" cakes will be closer to 50 servings if you have an 11" cake pan.   Important advice on using fresh fruits on cakes: please be sure your strawberries and fruits are at room temperature, fully dried and not still springing water when you put on the wedding cake.   I had this happen to me when first using fruits...
Hi everyone, where can I purchase a heavy duty foldable cart / trolley online to wheel in stacked wedding cakes into a venue? I checked amazon but didn't see anything.
Wow so someone else had the same issues with this plunger. Even the reviews on amazon showed other people had issues using it.   I bought the set last year and it has been a pain time-wise to use ever since. I used it with gum paste and the key to getting it with clean cut outs is to keep removing the gum paste that gets stuck in the crevices with a sharp tool.   I used it with thin gum paste and corn starch dusted gum paste and still had too many issues. It wasn't...
Thank you Jason, Chellescakes and cakesbykathy. I implemented what you each said and it worked.   I learned that I wasn't using my wedding cake contract effectively to communicate business policies. In fact, I now have new business policies thanks to each of you especially on constant changes.   This now means I can shorten the window from two to three months of back and forth with weekly changes to what I would like to be a month and under. Thanks again. Have a great...
I've have been having some re-occurring issues of late with brides & grooms who I meet with 3 months before their wedding date and we are down to the wire of always under a month and no confirmation has been made. I have had 2 occurrences in one week and I would like to know how you all successfully navigate from the 1st consultation to signing the cake contract and downpayment. I am having situations where the couples are changing design ideas every few days. What to do...
I agree with the OP. I too found it very strangely organized for a 1st time user. I never got books on tips on how to use adwords. I believe the company that I use for my website domain sent out a gift certificate for adwords and I didn't have any prior knowledge on it.   I spent an entire Sunday fiddling with it and kept changing things.   It's quite effective. I got business from it while it was running.  
Wow thank you! I saw some of the molds used on this cake on Earlene's website. You are GREAT!   Where do you all buy molds online for cakes other than Earlene's site? I'm looking to ship to me :)   I checked GSA and didn't see a wide variety or perhaps there are some keywords I need to search for?  
  Wow I bought all sizes in Fat Daddio's round 2" high Anodized cake pans and was really impressed. Bought the line in January. Use them with a shortening base then floured pan for easy cake release and use bake even strips. I love my FD pans! Swear by them. Sounds like Magic Line ML is a great line too!