Posts by Serena4016

Pull them off the sticks and voila, you have cake truffles!!! That is actually how I make my cake truffles all the time....It is easier to coat them on a stick so there isn't all that pile of chocolate at the bottom when you dip a cake truffle. I let them harden on the stick and then with my index finger under the cakeball on one side of the stick and my middle finger under the cakeball on the other side of the stick, I just pull it right off and put it in a mini cupcake...
If you want to keep using your recipe for frosting.....You can actually add purple/violet food coloring to your frosting if it has a yellow tint. The purple cancels out the yellow. I do it all the time with my cream cheese frosting that has butter in it. It is delecious and I do not want to mess with taste sucess!!! Use very little at a time...I mean a dot the size of a pin head...otherwise it will start to turn a weird grey color. Otherwise, I do as Torimomma...
The cream cheese frosting I use is;8oz. softened (room temp.) cream cheese4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) softened (room temp.) butter Combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined, approx.30 seconds.3 cups confectioners' sugar,siftedAdd sugar, a little at a time, blending with mixer on low speed until it is combined.2 tsp. pure vanillaAdd vanilla, then increase mixer speed to medium and blend frosting until fluffy.It is sooooo..... good, but...
I'm a little confused...You are going to be putting a flat round piece of fondant on top of the cupcake that will have a rounded mound of frosting on it and you don't want the round piece of fondant to start to droop? You want it to stay absolutely flat without it conforming to the frosting below it? From my experience it will start to droop. When I make cupcake toppers, I just pipe the frosting on with a large star tip but do not mound it up. I just cover the top of the...
That sounds way too low to me. I live in a very rural area....went to a cupcake festival in a very rural area...they were charging $3. each for filled and frosted...no decorations.. I forgot what the dozen price was, but waaayyyy more than $12 ( I think they were selling 6 for $15). Now, I do think $3. a piece is a bit high but I do have to say....they were selling the hell out of those cupcakes...indivduals and half and whole dozens!!! I think $2.00 a piece is very...
That sounds way too low to me. I live in a very rural area....went to a cupcake festival in a very rural area...they were charging $3. each for filled and frosted...no decorations.. I forgot what the dozen price was, but waaayyyy more than $12 ( I think they were selling 6 for $15). Now, I do think $3. a piece is a bit high but I do have to say....they were selling the hell out of those cupcakes...indivduals and half and whole dozens!!! I think $2.00 a piece is very...
I agree. I put them on a piece of cardboard covered in plastic (saran wrap, contact paper, etc...) so they will not bend or stick to the cardboard. Then cover them with another piece of plastic so no air will get in. They will dry out a little. It obviously will not be like fresh cut fondant but it will work just fine.
Yes, I've done it before..no problem!!
Yes, I also have a bad spelling story... Not a cake...MY WEDDING INVITES!!! I hand made all of my invitations. I spelled JOIN wrong... I spelled it JION. There was no re-doing 50 handmade invitations to fix it so I sent them out misspelled. How embarassing, especially since I could have used spell check and did not!!!
Yes, I also have a bad spelling story... Not a cake...MY WEDDING INVITES!!! I hand made all of my invitations. I spelled JOIN wrong... I spelled it JION. There was no re-doing 50 handmade invitations to fix it so I sent them out misspelled. How embarassing, especially since I could have used spell check and did not!!!