Posts by Serena4016

I too, had tried the "push down"method and yes it DID make the cake more dense. I stopped doing it and am back to leveling the cakes.
I just happen to have a box of cake flour in front of me........It does NOT have (as per ingredients list) any added salt or leveners. It says..bleached wheat flour,niacin, iron,thiamin mononitrate,riboflavin,folic acid.   To substitute SOFTASILK (this is the brand I have) cake flour for all purpose flour, use 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of cake flour for each cup of all purpose flour in the recipe. This was taken directly from the side of the box.   FYI...The box...
I think ALOT of new cakers come on here want thier questions answered easily without having to do any work to figure it out for themselves. I do not mean to offend the poster, it's just that cake baking has so many variables. The same exact cake made by 2 different people can and often does turn out differently!! So alot of times you can not get one specific answer because there simply isn't one. It is just best to do some work and figure out what will work best for...
Or, if you don't have a larger pan, split it between 2 pans.
I just recently baked NFSC and froze them for about a month, undecorated. They tasted fine!
I can NOT click on "MY FAVS" because it is covered by something else. It is covered by a purple strip that has "subscriptions", "new messages" and my sign in name and "log out". I can log out and get rid of that info. strip but then of course since I'm logged out, "my favorite's" does not show up.  I can not do anything with this new website. For me it is a complete disaster! Not one new feature works for me.
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND ALL MY FAVORITES I HAD SAVED AND ALL THE RECIPES I HAD SAVED? I can not find them anywhere. Am I just missing it?
Where/ how do I upload a photo? The arrows on the home page that are used to move/scroll through "favorite photos" and "most recent photos" do not do anything!
My secret to rolling out sugar cookies....Do not refrigerate a big ball of dough and then try to roll it out. Roll your dough out right away between 2 pieces of parchment paper...no flour needed!! Use dowels along side the dough for getting the right dough height. For instance, if you want your cookies 1/4" thick, get 1/4 " dowels and place one dowel on each side of your dough and roll your rolling pin over the top of the dowels. Your rolling pin never gets dirty and your...
I have both tappits and clikstix and love them both. As stated previously they both have different fonts so choose the lettering style you want. They both take a little practice to get them just right. I have found the fondant/gumpste needs to be alot thinner when using clikstix or you will get the "dents" from the ejector on the fronts of the letters and with the "funky" style tappits it needs to be a little thicker or the small lines that form the curls on the letters...