Posts by Claire138

Thanks Rae
Is this the same as shimmer dust from Wiltons?
Rae- I've never understood this either & don't use it.
Ditto Bashini
Thanks for all the advice, I have decided not to do anything bc I'm too stressed about it and the more stressed I am the worse I will be if I call him, I know myself I will start going into long explanations that might or might not be about cake (at some point I will try and give him an example that has nothing to do with anything and confuse him even more), I'll fumble along for ever trying to say what I want to say & the longer I do this the more stilted I will sound...
I'm making a cake for a friend that I completely under priced. I gave a quote in which I have worked out will leave me with just over 1€ per slice This is my fault as I was distracted when he called and didn't think it through. My question to everyone here is, can I call and put the price up? if so, what would be the best way to do it? He hasn't signed anything yet but I'm worried that it is not professional to call and change price, on the other hand, I don't want to get...
You're welcome, once again thanks to everyone here on CC.
Ok, so I finally had a chance to try out drizzling some coffee on top of the cake, I then spread some chocolate ganache on top - delicious, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.
I tried this too and it works a charm!
Thank you both for your help, I will give the easier option a try first and if that doesn't work I will order the coffee oil. Much; much appreciated.