Posts by jayarr

It's a fact, dark colors are going to bleed. Especially overnight. Adding meringue powder to your bc icing will slow the process. But, it may be mute, depending on the environment where you live and the conditions of the reception.Is there anyway you can add the stripe at the last possible moment when assembling the cake at the venue? Have you considered black satin ribbon?Thin fondant circles would certainly look the best. Tell the bride as the fondant sits on buttercream...
when decorating , just be simple in adding something in what you're doing. Put some art on it .
Great share . Thanks for the wonderful directions on those cakes . Very impressive .
My daughter was having her 8th birthday at the Art House. So I decided to make a painter's palette as a kid birthday cake. I found a palette in the clip art on my computer. I enlarged it to fit on a 9x13 cake. I made a white cake mix and poured it in the pan. I added food coloring to the cake mix to make it rainbow colors. I baked the cake as directed.Once the cake was baked and cooled I turned it onto a cake board. I put the cake in the freezer for a couple of hours. Then...
This Buttercream Icing is good for icing and cake decorating , you can use it as a filling, to pipe figurines or roses, and for borders too. * You will need:1 cupscups butter (2 bars)2 cupscups shortening (Crisco is a very good one)1/2 tsp salt1 tsp vanilla extract1/2 tsp almond extract1 tsp butter flavor2 pound sugar powder ( C & H is a very good one)1 tbs meringue powdermeringue powder ( to created a smoother texture)2 tbs water (more or less depending of the...
This Buttercream Icing is good for icing and cake decorating , you can use it as a filling, to pipe figurines or roses, and for borders too. * You will need:1 cupscups butter (2 bars)2 cupscups shortening (Crisco is a very good one)1/2 tsp salt1 tsp vanilla extract1/2 tsp almond extract1 tsp butter flavor2 pound sugar powder ( C & H is a very good one)1 tbs meringue powdermeringue powder ( to created a smoother texture)2 tbs water (more or less depending of the...
I made this graduation cake is an 8'' round cake, three layers tall. It is covered with white marshmallow fondant with stripes in red and black marshmallow fondant. The cap on top is made from black gum paste made a few days before and left to dry. The pattern for the hat is in one of Wilton's yearbooks.There is a small paper diploma on the front part of the top that is hard to see in the picture. The tassel on the hat is made using a clay extruder. The white dots are...
Everyone's looking for great summer birthday cake ideas that are festive for weekend get together's for barbeques and hold up to warm weather. Summer is also the time for delicious, ripe fresh fruit - the perfect accompaniment to cake. try these ideas on your cake. * Swimming Cakes * BBQ Cakes * Cakes with Fresh Fruit, such as Strawberries,Pineapple,Peaches,Blueberries, etc. * Ice Cream Cakes * Beach Cakes * Surfing Cakes * Boating Cakes * Summer...
Celebrating birthdays is always fun and exciting for all involved, but there are certain milestone birthdays that deserve a little something extra. 75th anniversaries are known as platinum, so why not treat a 75th birthday the same way? Get your family and friends together to make your loved one's 75th birthday the most memorable one yet.