Posts by Jack031

Ok I have two questions..... Number one what is the difference between German Chocolate Cake and regular chocolate cake??? I have always wondered this but have never found out.... Number two does anyone have a delightful doctored cake mix recipe for a German Chocolate cake by any chance??? I would be so delighted.....
Oh thank you so much! This site looks fabulous!
I was wondering what ways are there to sell my gumpaste flowers? Many people love the flowers that I make and I love to make them but I have no idea how to sell them...... Do you think ebay would be a good place to sell them on because I see others doing so...... Lastly, how would I calculate price per flower? I'm a tad lost....
Ok, I have never ever made MMF before and very curious about trying it out..... So can anyone tell me a few hints and tips and lastly a excellent recipe for me to try out because I have never tried this before.....
No problem anytime! Remember take pics and post them so we can see!
Oh really.... So mostly I just need to find a different style of mold to do that in? Does anyone have any suggestions then where I can find jewel molds that will come out good then?
I have done carrot cake with fondant before. I use Fondarific by the way because the fondant brand does matter because every fondant tastes different but I used the normal vanilla Fondarific fondant with the carrot cake. Then for the icing I used cream cheese for the crumb coat and for the filling then in the filling I added some pecans to it. After that I treated it like any other cake covered in fondant and it worked out perfectly. Everyone loved the taste of the carrot...
Ok, I have a questions because I have used isomalt before in other molds but when I use first impressions mold for some reason they come out not as clear or a tad cloudy compared to my other molds that I have..... Does anyone know why this happens or have the same problem???
Does anyone know which issue that it is in???
Thanks Loucinda for the dome tip! I will have to try that out..... leafo could you please explain the warm icing or the white ganache technique please....