Posts by MimiFix

Very interesting, FioreCakes, you could be right. I thought the OP meant that since CC members would be helping her for free, that she would do likewise.
 The OP startled me with this thread. After reading it several times, I figured she was either independently wealthy, or had an employed spouse/partner, or wanted to yank our collective chain.  
 The liability issue is when a restaurant purchases from an unauthorized source. If your license allows you to sell wholesale, then soliciting restaurant business is feasible. In NY, wholesale is permitted under the CFL and several of my students are currently supplying local restaurants, delis, and coffeeshops. However, if your skill level is not at the point where your cakes are restaurant quality, it may benefit you to practice before heading out the door. Best of luck...
 Always check with your local authorities. The above site has a lot of information and is a good place to start. But states have different regulations and within some states it can differ from county-to-county, so there's also some inaccurate info on this site. 
 Sentences 1-2-3. Built to perfection. Beautifully stated.
The Oreos won't turn to mush but will become soft. Even if you just bake and serve without freezing, crisp cookies will pull in moisture from the surrounding cake. The process is moisture migration.
  Quote: You're right, if you want a one day class it will be impossible to do baking and decorating in one day. Your above idea sounds good but on a practical level would be very difficult to sustain. I teach baking and business classes, and I know that structuring classes to rely on several factors (correct amount of registered students, quality of their work that gets handed off to another student, etc) is fraught with problems.  Can you make it a two day class? Or for...
 This is excellent advice. Trying new ideas and techniques is important, but not when working on a customer's order.
Other industries also try doing this. Over a long period of time, Datsun cars underwent a name change - from Datsun to Datsun/Nissan to Nissan. They're still debating if it was worth it. Just an FYI.
 Which half does she want?