Posts by MimiFix

That's exactly what I thought when the OP wrote, "I only charge 100 because I've only been baking a year." The cake was nice but had a few problems. There's a disconnect between running a quality business and selling practice-level cakes. It hurts everyone but it's not acknowledged by everyone. 
Only you know what's best for you and that darling little one. Saw his photo on your Facebook page! Sweet!!
Thanks for jumping in, Jill. And thanks, embersmom, for your further explanation. It's interesting how corporations make decisions that often work against them.
 "I'd personally do the cake..." Isn't that risky for your job security?
Thank you, Goreti. 
Thanks MB, where did you find it? Can you share the link?
 Yes, quite true, but sports fanatics have a certain, um, reputation  
 You do sound very frustrated. I agree with BrandisBaked, this is part of the custom cake business. People will take no as your answer if you say, "No, I cannot help you, thank you and good luck." Or something pleasant that ends the conversation.  If you give them alternatives they will continue. Decide at what point you cannot help and say No. Just say no. 
Sorry this happened, but I'm glad you gave her a refund. If you're going to continue in business it's important to deliver a quality product. And remember that excellent customer service is critical; your competitors are only one Facebook page away.   
 How interesting. The last I heard, New Jersey does not have a cottage food law. Can you share the info with us?