Posts by Bubbl3h3ad

Even if you don't use SPS, the cakes should not be doing that. I think it could be #4 as you said. I do freeze my cakes also but not when they are still hot. If they are a little warm I will but I think the steam that would have escaped is trapped and causing too much moisture. Also, if your buttercream is thick enough, you should not have to put the cakes in the fridge after frosting them. I usually crumb coat mine while they are frozen and then let them settle...
I too crumbcoat while my cakes are still frozen. So much easier to me.
The issue is not that the customer realized there was a scheduling conflict and tried to reschedule. I gave her times to meet and every time I suggested a time, she said no and suggested an alternate time because she just didn't feel like doing it at that particular time. For instance, she said she could only come after 5 on Saturday. I agreed to that and then she changed her  and I suggested Sunday afternoon and she said well, we can but I really don't want to because...
I could not find the recipe in the "recipes" section but it was under the "Gourmet Cakes" thread. I have tried many many recipes for a basic yellow cake and they all came out tasting like cornbread or having the texture of cornbread. I like cornbread but not when I want cake! This one came out with a very fluffy texture and wonderful flavor. I think the trick may have been to let the milk and eggs come to room temp before mixing everything together. Thank you, Macsmom,...
After some serious thought, I let the client know that I was going to refer her to someone who may be able to accommodate her requests more than I can. She seemed a bit too demanding for me and I can imagine problems cropping up. I gave her the number of someone who I think would be a little more flexible but I also fully prepared the other baker for who I was sending.
Thank you all for your input. I've only done 1 tasting before and it was with a lovely couple and we met at Starbucks. I didn't think about making a to-go box - that might be a good idea.
I have a customer that is asking for a wedding cake and groom's cake for July. Her email started out that she was looking for "something simple as we are not fancy people." She told me exactly what flavors of cake she wants and then said they want to do a cake tasting. I told her the next time that I would be available to do it (weekend of May 11th). She said she can only do after 5 on saturday because her daughter works until 5 so I said that was fine. Then she emailed...
I know there are countless threads on this but i couldn't find what I want to ask in the ones I read so far... I am making a 5-tier wedding cake, will be transported unassembled, in single tiers and put together at the site. I have been using the sps system and love it. However, I don't make tons of wedding cakes like some do and so I don't order in bulk. I'm out of columns for the sps and I don't feel like I can pay more for shipping ($15) than the columns themselves...
No, we never take our own advice! But it all turned out completely fine!
Thanks guys. I feel so free today! And tired, lol.