Posts by jemchina

]It looks like the top layer slid off on the chocolate cake. Possible due to sudden breaking. If the car was too warm, it's possible that with a fruit filling this might happen. As for the white cake, it seems it was bumped. I have had icing slide off a cake, and it did not look like the cake crumbled. Basically the cake was intact underneath. IMHO I think these cakes may have slid around on the floor board, and not necessarily anything you did wrong. I personally do...
I talked someone out of this on my last cake. I did use fondant and pressed a weave type placemat over top for the pattern. There is another option which is burlap ribbon. I saw it at Michael's Kinda expensive. It was wrapped in plastic so I could not check if it had a smell to it, but I think it would be better than real burlap.
You only need to use one half of the pan for the belly. For just 15 people, i don't think you need to place a sheet cake underneath.
I'm originally from MDC. In 2011 the cottage food law was passed. There are some local cake shops that offer seminars (not free) on the law. It might be something to look into. It passed, soon after moved :(  However, that did not stop people from baking from home. Previous to to the CFL you had to have a separate kitchen, not part of the main home, separate AC work etc.  The law is a state law, that does not necessarily mean every county allows it. check this...
aye muchas recetas para el sirope. Algunos tienen liquor otros son simple sirope de agua y azucar.
Hola, el leido varias recetas Latina de ponque. Casi toads dicen que el bizcocho se debe mojar con syrope. El pound cake Norte Americano es casi igual per no require el syrope. Si no se le pone el syrope , que effector tiene? Se puede eliminar?
SIn the asian markets you should be able to fing banana leaves and corn husks. They are usually in the frozen section and are imported from the Phillipenes.. I'm in Canada and just found this hard to find item there this past weekend.
Have you tried adding a bit of meringue powder for it to crust lightly. I also always reserve a bit of my cheese Cream maybe about 2 oz, depending on batch size. Then add it at the very end to mix through any air bubbles. I get a smoother BC this way
I think the OP came here to offer some information for those who may or not be aware of this. Really all it takes is just a google of LV sues cake decorator and a case came up in the UK. I don't think it's the OP intention or responsibility to quote actual case law or provide specifics . If anyone does not want to believe it then research it yourself instead of getting into it with other posters. I would assume that unless you are a huge baking entity no one wants to...
Very well put..there has been many a commentary of people stealing others cake photos. And I have even read commentaries about some creating similar cake designs and not crediting the original baker. That's why these laws exist...not that we are going to copyright our cakes...but some bakers would feel infriged upon when this happens. Why would it not apply to any other form of art or design.I do have a question, some of my first cakes where wilton "character" pans on...