Posts by kdbohm

Well, I read the original post wrong.I've had issues with the Wedding Cream Cheese recipe posted on this site. Loved the flavor, but always turned really soft and was difficult to work with.I just went through my recipes again and the one I used instead was the Decorator's Cream Cheese. Sorry I read it wrong, but I didn't have issues with it. It smoothed out just fine. After I crumb coat the cakes, I put them in the refrigerator for about 15-30 min, frost them, put...
No problem! I've just had a busy week and haven't had a chance to reply.This is the recipe I've always used:http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-ganache/detail.aspxI just substituted the chocolate with cinnamon chips. The cinnamon chips I have found only come in a 10 oz bag, but it just takes a little playing around with it. I think I used slightly less cream too.
I have made a snickerdoodle cake and used whipped cinnamon ganache as the filling. I loved it and actually had two people requested it.I haven't tried it with the spice or pumpkin cake yet, but was on my list to try! The cinnamon may be good with it because it doesn't turn out too strong.
I have made a snickerdoodle cake and used whipped cinnamon ganache as the filling. I loved it and actually had two people requested it.I haven't tried it with the spice or pumpkin cake yet, but was on my list to try! The cinnamon may be good with it because it doesn't turn out too strong.
I had a lot of issues with using this recipe as well. I have found another one that is amazing to work with and crusts really well.I don't have it with me right now, but can get it posted for you in the next few days.
I had an order last summer for 215 cupcakes, four different kinds, four different fillings, and four different frostings.I made all the fillings and frostings first, stored them in the refrigerator about 5 days before the event. I then started on the cupcakes 4 days before. I kept them covered as I baked them, either in cake carriers or just covered with kitchen towels. I don't worry about them drying a little, when I cut out the center to fill them, it is easier if...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lemon-Cream-Cheese-Frosting-2/Detail.aspxI have used this one two different times and it turns out really good. I used a combination of lemon juice and lemon extract.
I use the great white chocolate cake recipe, but just used a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding instead. The raspberry filling, I use the seedless raspberry jam and mix it with a large package of raspberry jello - warm the raspberry up in the microwave, then mix in the powder. Let it sit overnight.Then make a lemon cream cheese frosting. I've only made these in cupcake forms, not a full size cake yet. But if I did a cake, I would definitely put a layer of frosting before...
Save yourself the trouble - Wilton has a burgandy gel Just made some burgandy buttercream to decorate with tomorrow.
Thank you so much!