Posts by CWR41

What dora said.  You need to decide how many 6" satellite cakes you'll be using... you first said 6, then 6 or 7, and your drawing shows 8.  Your 12" round won't overlap your satellites the more you add and you won't get the same look at a point (the more you add, you'd have to use a larger round than the 12").
It's supported like any other tiered cake with plastic or wooden dowels under the base tier but only in the portion where the upper tier will touch the lower satellite cakes, plus a styrofoam dummy in the center.  If using thick supports, one in each 6" cake is enough.  If using thin supports, two per 6" cake is enough. (I don't believe the cakestackers system has anything available with six rods that would reach correct placement.)
A 6" x 9" serves 44.  A 6" x 10" serves 50.
Settling doesn't occur in the fridge when chilled.  Cakes settle at room temp.
I'm assuming the shorter layers are styrofoam.
Don't worry about the thread being old... it shows that you're using the search function.  If/when you still would've asked your question, you would've most likely received responses to utilize the search function anyway.
Ops!  Came back to screen and message hadn't sent (or so it said).  I only suggested the 9" because it would be fewer servings than the 10" you said you were going to use.  You can't always reach the exact serving goal... they need to pay for actual servings or order a smaller cake that doesn't meet their goal.
I'd suggest a 6" x 9" x 12" for 100 servings.
I'd suggest a 6" x 9" x 12" for 100 servings.
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm