Posts by Nobuko

Thank you very much.  I just tried it.  coated the cut surface with sugar and place them on a paper towel.  Seemed like it's working!!
Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone would help me to solve my problem...   Every time I decorate cake with some CUT fresh strawberries makes the cake wet.  I know one of solution would be use uncut strawberries or decorate the cake with cut site up (not to touch the cake surface with the cut side)  BUT sometimes, I want to decorate the cake with the cut side down (touching the cake) for a nice look.  Cake looks soooo pretty for the first few minutes after laying these...
Hello everyone,   I'd appreciate if someone would help me.  I need to make some NAVY blue fondant.  I've read some posts in the past in this site and learned that I need to add some black to royal blue.   I have some Wilton's blue in different shade and an Americolor royal blue liquid/paste color.  Do I need to add black to blue BEFORE added to the fondant or make fondant in blue first then add black to it?  I'm making marshmallow fondant.
Hi everyone,I've been watching a lot of cake decorating shows such as cake boss, fabulous cakes etc. And I just can' get the answer I've been looking for. When these pros make a 3D cake by stacking a lot of cakes and shave it into the shape they're trying to achieve, I don't see any cake circles(boards) nor dwells (??) in-between these cake board. Only thing I see i the big center support bar/pipe. Are they using some kind of different technique to support all these...
Hi everyone, I'd appreciate if you'd give me some advise. What is the basic rule on cake board? How often every how many inches?) is it recommended to insert a cake board while stacking layers of cakes? From my experience, I'm thinking cake layers stacked up to 7" would be able to hold without compromising the shape... A I right?? But when I watch cake pros making such a beautiful wedding cake or some kind of extreme cakes, I don' see them inserting cake board so...
Hi everyone,I'm about to make my very first wedding cake for my girlfriend and I need sume advise. The cake will be 4 tiers and each tier will be about 12". How often, in general, do I need to insert cake board and dweller for support?? I'm making the cake with box cake and sour cream mix so the cake is a little more denser than regular white cake. I'm not sure staking the each tier to make 12" high would be too heavy without any support in the middle.... Or do I need...
Hi everyone,I have a cake that is due in a couple of days and I'm so panicked right now. Please some hlep!!! My house is NOT AC'd.... So my marshmallow fondant is very soft and having a very hard time to get dry. I'm blowing a fan at them but with high humidity, fondant looks wet.... Is there any solution to this??? Someone please HELP!!!
Thank you everyone for taking time to help me!
Hello everyone,I'd appreciate if someone would help me. I have to make a US Navy Admiral's flag that has a silver star. I'm planning to make it all in fondant but don't know how I can get the star in silver.... What kind of technique should I use?? Please help!!
Does anyone use straws instead of hedden pillars for tiered-cake?? I'm now wondering how much difference there actually is between these real pillars and straws.... I tend to stick with straws for cost reasons but started wondering how strong these straws really are... I inserted enough (I think) straws for a tiered cake but seems like it's not really holding the cake weight (2 layer 10" bottom-3 layer 8" middle tier-2 layer 6" top) I use a store bought cake board for...