Posts by theonlynameleft

I am going to definately do it brown because it has special meaning to them but its just the piping that I wasn't sure about - just wondered if I could incorporate a little bit more colour into it somehow that way. I thought maybe if I did cream piping on the brown and maybe make some wee cream roses to put around the base or something??? But maybe brown on brown would be better. Ever get that sinking feeling that the cake is doomed look horrendous LOL!!!!
I know what ya mean about the brown - the lady who I was dealing with was horrified but she said she was out-voted by the rest of the committee. Was kinda funny! The celebration is in honour of Mary McKillop (who our church is named after) who is being made a saint and was in a group of nuns called the "brown joeys" in Australia I think, called so because they all wore brown. Hence them wanting the cross to be brown.
Well I had earlier been on CC freaking out about the prospect of having to try and pull off soimething similar to the amazing cross cake attached that I am donating to our church for a celebration. Anyway, I have informed them as I am a novice they shouldn't have their hopes up to high as my skills aren't in the same league!Anyway, the latest is that they have decided that they want it all brown - we discussed that maybe the piping (which I am terrible at) might be able...
I agree, I think the situation needs to be taken seriously because you are fortunate enough to have heard about the lies she has been concocting in this instance and my guess would be that more than likely there are other people and places who she is also spreading lies to. A letter from your lawyer might be just enough of a wake up call to make her realise that you won't put up with her slander. She sounds like a real piece of work!
This recipe is lovely and moist - you might need to do some conversions though sorry! LEMON YOGHURT CAKEINGREDIENTS2 cups sugar Grated rind and juice 2 lemons Pinch salt 1 cup oil1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt2 whole eggs 2½ cups self-raising flour In a food processor process the sugar, lemon rind and salt for 1 minute.Add the oil, yoghurt, eggs and lemon juice. Process a further minute.Sift the flour and spoon evenly around the food processor blade on top of the...
"How was the wedding anniversary? Oh great - I hope __________ enjoyed the cake - oh, by the way, thought I would grab that cash off ya now before I completely forget cos I've just got so much on at the moment"or"come on now scrooge - hand over the dosh"
My plan is to definately make a smaller cake because it certainly is one massive cake & although I am happy to donate to our church I dont' want to bankrupt myself, LOL!It will probably be just a "normal" sort of depth and my plan is to use the cross plan thats on here somewhere and make it out of a couple of 9x13 sheet cakes???As for the design choice was kinda my own silly fault for telling them to find a picture of something along the lines of what they wanted that...
I have donated my services to our church to make a cake (for free) for an upcoming celebration. Anyway, I am pretty sure they must have Googled "intimidating cakes" when searching for ideas as they have found this absolutely stunning cross cake creation of "brider" and I am scared out of my wits, I am sure I am going to completely butcher it!!!! http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1205710I don't even know where to start - the fact...
Thanks for clearing that up for me
I was just wondering, is it necessary (legally or out of courtesy) to get approval from a customer if I want to post a picture of their cake on a website, Cake Central, Facebook etc? Thanks.