Posts by theonlynameleft

Hoping some of you seasoned cake decorators out there can help me with something. I am making a wedding cake for a workmates daughter this week. I have started doing my baking, and have done the bottom tier in a 14 inch. She wants a two tier to be able to to feed 100 - have a 10, 8 and 6 inch tins. I know the 10 would make it serve the required number but I feel like the 10 on the 14 looks weird??? I was thinking, if I did "tall tiers" how tall should they be and...
with how to make a high heel shoe. This weekend will be my first attempt at making one, I have been watching utube and think I have the construction side sussed out but just wanted to check that a mix of fondant with tylose would be strong enough as that is all I have access to. I live in a very small town and have to get all my supplies over the internet. As it is for a paying customer I don't want to have a nervous breakdown when it breaks on me. Want to get it made...
I wouldn't be too concerned personally but that is just me. Maybe other people would feel differently if it was their children. Could you possibly simmer the rum a bit to "burn off" the alcohol, let it cool before adding? Then the alcohol content would be gone (to the best of my knowledge)!
I work five days a week till 3, pick up my two (under four) from daycare, head home, cook dinner etc, shower the kids etc and get them off to bed and that is when my "hobby" caking begins. The most I have done so far is two cakes and 40 cupcakes for a weekend. Granted, it does drive my husband a tad nuts, and he is also a bit of a clean freak. However, maybe you should point out that if he thinks you are slow and it renders it not worthwhile, there is only one way your...
OK, OMG!!!! She sounded like a head case right from the start DING DING DING warning bells! Then when all the other drama went down I would have pretty much been trying to just distance myself from her straight away. I wouldn't have been giving her any money back, there should have been an additional charge for the late confirmation even. I think when she didn't have the contract signed, sealed & delivered by the deadline then you should have made yourself suddenly...
Does anybody out there know if Cake Central Magazine is available in New Zealand ie; are there any New Zealand stockists? I would love to get my hands on it!
Saw the title - knew what it would be about & that a million people would probably have already applied and still felt the need to say EWWWWWW!!!!!
Agreed.... and tasting funny is quite often just a matter of opinion. I think licorice & aniseed taste funny, and oysters, and cabbage, and mushrooms, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them.
The members of our cake forum here in New Zealand were just discussing how amazingly talented you are!!!!
I certainly wouldn't do both. Unless she could give you back some of the cake to sample the taste its pretty much just her saying that there was an issue rather than there being any actual proof of a problem. I am presuming it was edible enough that they must have polished it off otherwise she would have cake she could return to you assess the taste.If you give her a refund I certainly wouldn't give her free cupcakes as well.As an act of goodwill you could offer to...