Posts by theonlynameleft

That definately gives me something to think about - lots of yummy ideas guys, tough with the fruit over here at the moment (NZ) cos we are in the middle of winter and so nothing is in season but I might be able to get some frozen berries???Otherwise the candy through the filling would be nice... maybe even Pinky bars would work - YUM!
My little boy turns two on Saturday and for his cake I am making a white chocolate mud cake - was hoping somebody might have a yummy suggestion for a filling.I am in the mood for trying something different so hoping you might all be able to provide me with some much needed inspiration!
Thanks guys - you have all made me feel so much better! Lets hope I get paid for it because (I know I am an idiot) I just gave it to her and told her to transfer the funds to my account this week as she is a lady I know from my child's daycare. I know I am an idiot and if I don't get paid it will be my own silly fault
I have been since talking to the venue - they said that each tier was cut down the middle, as was requested by the bride, and served. So that she could then decide whether to just take the remainder home or whether they needed to cut up more as they went. That they didn't hold any back due to the fact that thought it was "underdone". So the bride has got the other half at home. I have told her to go home and taste it herself - she hasn't even tried it!!!! I guess to...
She seemed completely indecisive and didn't seem to know whether there was an issue or not. She said she never really got a look at it but that some of it had been sent home with her so I told her to go home and eat some and see what she thought. The fact that I baked two cakes, cut them horizontally before layering them together with filling I would have seen if it was undercooked...
I did a three tier wedding cake for Saturday night (latest black and white one in my pics). I am so upset, got a call from the customer saying that the staff at the venue said that they didn't want to serve it all because they said it wasn't cooked enough and they thought it "doughy". Not only did they feel this about the middle tier (lemon yoghurt with cream cheese filling) but the mississippi mud cake with cookies & cream filling on the bottom tier they also deemed to...
warchild is right - then maybe when they have to pay for them they will be slightly more appreciative next time you do something for them rather than just taking you for granted which seems to be whats going on!
How cheeky that anybody would expect a free cake from you just because they are a member of your church, going by that theory then next you’ll be expected to do free cakes for people because their kids go to the same school, or you work in the same office… the list goes on. Now and again doing baking for the church’s benefit/fundraising is one thing but “just cos” a member goes to the same church is crazy! I totally understand where you are coming from – why should your...
Maybe you could say that its lovely but unless it has sentimental value & she doesn't want it altered, then maybe you could keep it in keeping a bit more with the rest of the by removing the flowery arch bit and just having the wee people???
Was hoping somebody out there who has more expertise than me might be able to help me out with my first crack at painting onto fondant.I need to do a black floral design onto white fondant and was thinking would mix a little black gel colouring with a little alcohol - is this the method that you would suggest - it is for a wedding cake so it needs to be perfect.Any advice/tricks of the trade would be much appreciated.