Posts by theonlynameleft

UPDATE: Just got this email from the bride: "The cake was fantastic, you did an amazing job.  You did what I asked, the caterers may have gotten confused as I just wanted the cake like the picture and you did that.  Everyone loved the cake and we still have some left for me to snack on.  YUMMY!  Thanks so much for everything".   Oh my gosh, I feel like I can breathe again, I was honestly so upset.  So, what she sent in the second email was correct - either...
Hi there all, sorry must clarify, when I posted that I hadn't heard back yet, I had already at that stage sent an email giving my profuse apologies for the error and letting her know that I take it very seriously etc and want her to be happy with the outcome and that I would offer her a reimbursement.   I wasn't specific about an amount and thought that way it would kind of put the ball in their court as to what they felt they were owed, or what was...
Its beautiful!
Still no words, for those that were interested in an update.
Thanks for the support guys - I am feeling pretty freaked out about it.  Haven't heard anything from the bride yet.... I am a bit worried cos I have only had one other cake complaint in the past, and it was from a bride who hired this certain caterer that is catering this wedding, who also happens to be a cake decorator too.... I even caught her criticising my cake when I dropped it off, she didn't realise I had walked back into the room.
Thats the problem, I am from a small town - nobody around here has an airbrush.  Even if I needed ribbon at the last minute it wouldn't be possible - we are pretty limited for shops and have to order all my supplies in.  Damn, I wish I had thought about the silk flower ideas, I might have been able to have gotten a hold of them  :0(
I mirrored the back with the front - my mum said I should refund the whole amount ($395) cos it is not correct. Do you mean $395 is too high for the cake?
Wish I had an airbrush, I would have tried to make some more quickly but the venue was at the same place as the ceremony which was starting in 30 minutes so knew I didn't have a hope.   I charged her $395 for the cake (10, 8 and 6 inch tiers).  20% would be $79 so do you think that would be a fair refund?  Hopefully she would be happy with that....
I just delivered a wedding cake to the venue & I go inside and everything is black and red.... hmmmm, the roses on my cake are pink....   I overhead the caterings saying "I think those roses are supposed to be red".  The bride sent me a pic of the cake she wanted and it had pink roses - we had a lot of correspondence so I went back through everything and sure enough, there was mention of the roses being changed to red which I didn't pick up on.   I have just...
Wow, looked into the silver leaf and its flippin expensive!!!  I don't see me trying this technique any time soon!