Posts by lenagc

Thank you so much, it served over 250, there was none left. All of you were such great help, thanks again.
Hi there, just thought I'd let you all know how the cake came out.  Thank you so much for all your help. I did end up putting the flowers directly into the styrofoam. I think it came out great, the bride and groom loved it.
ooooh!!!!! white chocolate sounds good, thank you.
So I'm making a four tiered cake and the bride and groom want red velvet, chocolate, white cake and one other cake stacked in layers per tier.  My question is what other flavor will work with those flavors? They are coming today to discuss. Thanks for your help. 
Thank you too auntginn, for your input. 
Thank you so much for your help, I will be covering the styrofoam with fondant. Wedges sound perfect, I've made some filler flowers, just small buds in white, the color of her cake will be solid white with crystal banding, the only color on the cake will be in the flowers which will be pink fusha . Thank you so much. you've really helped a lot.
Ok I know it may not make sense but, picture 6 two tiered cakes placed on a base board, in the center of the 6 cakes is a styrofoam base cake, the same height as the 6 two tiered cakes, then on top of the styrofoam cake is a 4 tiered cake. I know it's hard to picture but I don't have a picture of what I'm talking about. Anyway in between each of the 6 two tiered cakes there will be space to put the flowers, I'm just not sure if I should stick them into the styrofoam or...
Hi there Ccers, I have a major question and I need help. In 3 months I'm doing a 4 tiered cake with satelight cakes all around under the main cake. My question is how is the best way to adhere gum paste flowers inbetween each satelight cake, also the bride doesn't want any greenery. I'm planning on making cymbidium orchids, should I put filler flowers to hide any empty space?There will be a styrofoam base cake underneath the main 4 tiers, with all the satelight cakes not...
Thank you so much for the compliment and I totally agree with you, and I have come a long way, and as long as my body holds out I'll keep doing what I love. Happy Baking  :)
Yes I agree, I can bake a simple cake with sprinkles and my grandkids would think it's the best ever, because grandma made it, they love every cake I have ever made, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess I'm always striving for perfection, I'm harder on myself then anyone else, maybe that's why I'm hurt when nobody on cake central seems to like my cakes, especially when the customers are so thrilled. Yup just bad timing.