Posts by cake-a-rina

Thank you for the replies, they were helpful. I was wondering if pressing on the cake as it comes out of the oven would be enough, I'm glad it will be. Thanks again
I have a friend who's wedding cake I will be making at the end of the month. She's set on a black walnut cake and a red velvet cake. I finally found a decent looking, albeit basic, black walnut cake recipe and she has requested that I use her grandmothers red velvet recipe. I will be making a 16", 12", and 9" stacked cake and covering each layer in fondant then I will do the thin fondant in layers to look like ruffles per the brides request. Well, I made a very small...
I have a wedding cake that I'll be doing and the bride wants a cream cheese filling for her red velvet cake, but wants the cakes covered in fondant. I am very leery about refrigerating fondant, I have had cakes look sweaty and melty when I do, but I've always heard that you have to refrigerate cream cheese icing. Does anyone think I'll be ok with no refrigeration as it would just be the filling?