Posts by inspiredbymom

It is the green in the middle. Do you think I should start with a kelley green or a leaf green? I think I even have a forest green! Thanks for the help! I'll be playing with it tonight after work.
I have a request for cupcakes with mint green icing and neon color toppers. I have the toppers under control but I can't get a handle on the "mint green". Americolor has a mint green but I don't have time to order it. I tried to look at several color charts and can't find it. I did a search on CC but only came up with pictures of the color I want. I will try to post a pic of what the mom sent to me. She did not want bright green. Any help would be appreciated!
Wow! What a read! I have to say that I have added some to my quotes for items that I don't have and had to special order. I always make my customers aware of this though and I don't charge full price. It is usually towards the shipping of a special item and a little towards the item itself. I have not had a problem. These are not everyday things, but special molds that can get pricey. I have yet to have someone go to another baker because of it. They are just happy...
I found the cake really cute even though I don't like clowns! The orange could have been red, but it was fine the way it was. I would not have put more balloons in the middle tier or anything else in the yellow area. The balloons on top could have been put on wires so they "float" out instead of going straight, but then again, I always cringe when someone wants those in there cakes. Even though I put them in straws, I just don't like to do it. The tent looks fine on...
Jgifford & indydebi, I will share my tips from my therepist on hip trouble that I had for years that got worse after each pregnancy (5 total) When you get a car, sit on the side of the seat and turn into the car. When you get out, turn to the side, place both feet on the ground and lift. It really helps! For my arthritis in my ankles, drinking LOTS of water helped along with getting rid of coffee, soda and most tea (only 1 or 2 a day). I had to learn that one on my...
Do you have trouble with the "grid lines" coming off on your fondant? I bought one (don't remember what brand right now) and it was great for a few times, then the lines started coming off on the fondant! Now, I cover it with freezer paper and it works great! I don't have to use shortening, cornstarch or confectioners sugar on anything! Clean up is easy too because I just toss it.
Figures, the plus was what I was looking into. Does this ever become good news?
I have found that when I need a very fine line on fondant (or crusted butter cream for that matter) I use an extremely fine tipped art brush with americolor food color gel. I love the way it looks and have not had the spreading issues. I can also do finer detail than with the food markers.
Kelleym, what is more disappointing is that I called one of the number that was given to me by the CS rep. One, they told me to find a distributor to buy the bulk product from.....duh, if I had one here, I would talk to them. The closest one I know of is 3 hours away! All I wanted was a sample to see if I liked it. I'm not ready to order 50 #'s of something that is nasty. They also said that this new place took over Pillsbury cake line for the bulk and tweaked it to...
Well, gatorcake, on the last point I guess we agree to disagree......