Posts by inspiredbymom

For boxes, I use several places. I love the tiered boxes from Bake a box. I also purchase from Mid Continent paper but I don't know if you have them where you live. I use Global Sugar Arts and Fondant Source for small things. I also place bulk orders from Wilton and CK Products. I also keep extra stuff that we use in stock for other cake makers because you can't get the stuff locally. For drums, I love Bakery Craft drums over the ones from Wilton or Mid Continent. ...
Hey guys! I found this forum post from 2006. Interesting.....http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-47137.htmlI hope it works!
Best of luck Dianne! I am in your cheering section! I would be turning cartwheels, but I may break something at my age.
I have not made one. Sorry! But I would try to do it like gelatin and wrap it around a balloon like a little egg and then let the air out of the balloon and hang upside down on the wire to dry like you would a flower.
gelatin would be cute! If you go with fondant/gumpaste, what about a heavier gauge of wire? Maybe a hollow fondant balloon?
I had to stop drinking caffeine because of arthritis, but it helped my hands too! I also use my left hand up against the tip/bag to help steady if I need it. I definitely want to check out that craftsy site further. They have a lot of neat things on there! I don't do a lot of piping the writing unless I have to just because I don't like it. I LOVE cutter though!
One thing about just doing it by email is that you have the hard copy to back you up. However, I have found that sometimes things are misinterpreted when just in an email. It is less likely that someone will get snippy if they are talking to you and they will not "read in" a tone if you speak with them. Then I would back it up, "As per our phone call...." in an email. I do hope that you have pictures or someone from the venue to back up the handprint. Did the planner...
Keep in mind that these smaller boxes have been reformulated with different ingredients and you may not get the best results just adding the 1/3 cup from a new box. I do not like the taste of texture of the new Pillsbury and have been trying different mixes, DH signature, Hy Vee, Baker's Corner, Gold Meldal......on and on. Nothing compare to the old Pillsbury! Now, having said that, I just posted on another forum about an online survey from another baker Dianne...
I work 50 hours + at my first business (daycare) and do cakes (my second business) on nights and weekends. With 4 kids and a hubby (who is the most understanding person in the world about me being a workaholic) things were getting stressful! For lost tools, I put tools that go together in organizing stackable boxes. When they are dirty, they go in a large cup (so the little things don't get lost. When I wash them, they do not go in my regular sink. I put them out to...
I hope this link works on here! I was sent this survey last night by Diane Rockwell, the Cake Lady. She has been invited to speak with the kind folks at Pillsbury in October about the problems with their new product. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, fill this out if you will. She is trying to get feedback from as many people as she can before she goes. This is a wonderful opportunity to be...