Posts by doramoreno62

I'm with Kitagirl. Maybe it was dry to begin with?
Meh, whats the big deal? I could whip that up in a weekend.....NOT!Awesome cake!
Thanks everyone. I just tried the vodka painting method but I'm confused. They came out very stripey. The color is blotchy and uneven. Maybe the mix is too watery? Is it supposed to be more like a paste? I'm going to try the steaming method right now.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1806890Could this be it?
Can this be done? I don't work too much with gumpaste but I have already cut out some flowers and are drying as we speak/type. Once dry, can they be painted without the gumpaste becoming soggy?
Ooops, it's called Pastry Pride, not Pilgrims Pride. That's probably why you couldn't find it luvbuttercream. I use it all the time. I but it at Smart & Final in California.
Oooops, I guess it's not allowed to post other companies names. PM me and I will tell you if you are still interested.
I found a couple of places where you can order them but they are pretty expensive. But they are beautiful. Look up cinderella fantasy dot com. Also there's another website called a lil tlz dot com where they can be purchased. Sugar Craft has small acrylic ones too.
I have read on this site that the sugar in the cream cheese frosting "stabilizes" it. I can say from personal experience, I have done red velvet cake & cupcakes and they've sat out for hours with no problem. I made pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for Thanksgiving and they sat out for about 6 hours. My family ate them up with no problems or complaints. I use the Decorator Ceam Cheese frosting recipe from this site, it's yummy! HTH!
I don't know where you are located, but if you google Cinderella Cake stand rental, you will get some sites where you can rent them. Maybe one will be near you. Hope that helps!