Posts by doramoreno62

Does anyone know if or where I can buy them? I REALLY don't want to make them! TIA!
Hmmm, I tried the link and all I got was a black page. Maybe they read on CC what bad website it was and now they are fixing it?
Hmmm, I tried the link and all I got was a black page. Maybe they read on CC what bad website it was and now they are fixing it?
I use clear packing tape on the back of my ribbon. Works every time!
I just bought premade fondant from my supply store and it says it will keep for 10 months!
Geneseo, I don't know. I haven't had a chance to make it yet. But if you make it, please post your results!
Forget adding all that black coloring!! I buy the cheap store brand darkest chocolate frosting in a tub (like Betty Crocker) from the grocery store and add just a bit of black. It'll be easier to mix if you microwave it for 15 seconds. Don't worry if you melt it too much, just let it sit for a few minutes and it'll harden up again. You don't need much to make black since it's already a dark brown.But please buy the cheaper store brand. It has more fat than the name brands...
I use DH all exclusivley with no problems at all. Try putting a flower nail in the center. This will help because the nail heats up and helps to cook the cake from the center out. I do this for any cake 12" or larger and it works every time! HTH!
Since Parchment is not as clear as wax paper, I copy the image in black & white, then use a black market with a sharp point and outline the copy. When you put it under the parchment, you can see the outline from the marker. It works like a charm!Regarding freezing the transfer, make sure it's frozen solid before peeling away the paper. The last FBCT I made was on a cake that was supposed to resemble a candy box. It was a larger transfer so I froze the transfer for 2 hours...
I just buy the premade one from my local cake supply store. Since I frost all my cakes with Pastry Pride, I don't really use alot of buttercream, at least not enough to make my own. The premade stuff works great for FBCT!