Posts by doramoreno62

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2105826Is this what you mean?
Oh yes you can! I frost only with Pastry Pride and I've done it plenty of times. FYI Pastry Pride is a non dairy whipped topping but I've done it on real whipped cream too. Check out my photos if you wish. The Super Mario, thanksgiving turkey, Sour patch kids, stork and other cakes have the buttercream transfer on them. And they won't melt or anything. Go for it!!
So after researching and checking the code on the PVC pipe to make sure it was safe to use, I bought a 10ft by 1/2 inch diameter pipe for $1.88. I used it on the cake that I made on Saturday and it worked great! I also had about 20 inches left over. If you're interested, its the Hello Kitty/Zebra cake in my photos. Thanks for all the input!
Or you could try using a flower nail in the center. It heats up and helps the center cook at the same time as the edges.
Or you could try using a flower nail in the center. It heats up and helps the center cook at the same time as the edges.
I would definitely use dowels and boards in between each cake. And I would also run 2 sharpened dowels from the top, thru all the boards and layers, all the way down to the bottom cake board or drum or whatever you are using. This would prevent them from shifting. You can never be too careful in the world of cakes!
Mmm...I need a picture. I can't tell just from the description.
I used to do a lot of these. After your cake is baked and cooled, outline every part of the cake that is indented. Then you start to fill in with the starts and the appropriate colors. After you are all done filling in with stars, outline again to define the areas. Also, I always outlined with black frosting. It was sort of line coloring from a coloring book, where all the pictures are outlined in black. Hope that helps!
PVC, CPVC, PEX, and Other Plastic Plumbing MaterialsPlastic plumbing has been used for potable and non-potable water applications since the 1950s. Initially, there were many concerns about these products potentially leaching harmful chemicals into the water. To ensure that the public's health was protected, independent standards were quickly developed which established strict guidelines for these products.Today, plastic plumbing products designed for potable water...
Cathyscakes thats what the DH says.