Posts by doramoreno62

Thank you carolinagirlcakes! That's the cake! I wish I could see it better. It looks like there's some chocolate scroll work around the happy birthday plaque. But I can work with this. Thanks again!
Thank you carolinagirlcakes! That's the cake! I wish I could see it better. It looks like there's some chocolate scroll work around the happy birthday plaque. But I can work with this. Thanks again!
Does anyone know what this cake looks like? I've googled it but I got a whole lot of nothing. It's supposed to be a chocolate cake with a yellow duck on top. Can anyone help me? I've never even seen the movie.
Yes, the salt cuts down on the sweetness!
Yo personalmente Los cobraria a $2 cada uno. Es mas trabajo hacer 50 cupcakes individuales que un pastel para 50 individuos.
If just keep layering on the color until I get a solid gold or silver. Let each coat dry completely before adding another coat or else it will look streaky.
I use 1 box of Duncan Hines mix for each 10" pan. You may want to put a collar on the cake pans to avoid any spills just in case the cake rises over the pan. It's never happened to me but it happens all the time to my neighbor. My guess is that it has to do with oven temperature. Good luck!
Thanks for all your help kids! My customer googled images and didn't really like what she saw so she's leaving the design up to me. I love when I get the chance to do that! Divadidelights, I love that ghost tutorial!Sandyvrc, I like the idea about softening the colors.I hope to break my cakers block and come up with a cute design for her.Thanks again everyone!
I only use mexican vanilla in everything unless whatever I'm making has to be white white, like frosting or a white cake. The flavor is fabulous, to me its a bit more pronounced. You may want to use a little more than half of what your recipe calls for. I make a mexican flan that gets raves every time, and I use the mexican vanilla in it.
I've made this cake a couple of times. Using the 6" and 8" double layer rounds, you should get 36 servings according to Earlenes cake cutting chart. I have also made it using 8" and 10" double layer rounds which served 60. I would not recommend going any bigger than that as it might look strange. If you need it even larger you could do the 6" and 8" castle and add a 10" at the bottom decorated to look like a field of grass and add some flowers. I hope this helped, good luck!