Posts by doramoreno62

I agree with JWinslow and I'm glad I could help! Beautiful cake!
Not sure where you are located but in California you can buy Pastry Pride at any Smart and Final store. It is a non dairy whipped topping which needs no stabilization and whips up stiff enough to make roses and stars. At Sams club or Costco you can buy Bettercreme or Rich's which is pretty much the same as Pastry Pride. Ask for it at the bakery. Take a look at my gallery, Pastry Pride is all I use, no buttercream or fondant.
Sweetcheekscake-thank you!!
Or a link to one perhaps?
This^^If you bought a 50lb bag of mix, you would most likely have lots left over.
On another note, you can get the same results by stacking and filing your cake in the same pan you baked it in. Put a parchment circle on the bottom of the pan. after stacking and filing, freeze it for a few hours. Then unmold by running a sharp knife around the edge and turn onto your cake circle. You will get the same results.
Nice job!
If you are going to make just 1 color, it's easier to add the color to the corn syrup and mix it and then mix with the bark. It's easier than kneading the color in after the clay has set.
I would check the freshness of your baking powder and the temp of your oven.
Yes St Francis of Assisi, thanks shanter!   Annabakescakes, that the best reason I could think of! Thanks