Posts by doramoreno62

Leah_s I'm sure you're right but I don't get many requests for ganache. My cakes are all Pastry Pride. But my real question was, after whipping it, does it get light and fluffy?
Excuse me, I don't mean to hijack this thread but do you use a regular cookie recipe to make a cookie cake? I have an awesome chocolate chunk cookie recipe that I'd like to try making into a cake. Thanks!
I have only used ganache once, and it was poured because it needed to be shiny. I let the leftover sit out and it set up pretty nicely. Now I'm wondering if i were to whip it, would it be more light and fluffy? I would have tried it with the leftovers but I kept stealing a spoonful here and there til I finished it. Oh well...has any one out there tried whipping it?
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267760_2254113871249_1200363613_32707222_5644865_n.jpgMine was similar to this but they were front doors instead of a window.
I did a very simple but cute house warming cake. It was a 10" round. On the top was a replica of the front doors of the new home with the house number above it. The top and bottom borders were grass with a few flowers here and there and a couple of butterflies. I think grass green would look great against the darker ganache. Under the doors I wrote May God Bless Our Home. It was all very simple and cartoonish. It wasn't elegant, but that's what they wanted. Of course, I...
It lasts a veeeery long time in the fridge, I guess because it's all crisco. I've had a batch for about 3 months in the fridge and it's still good. I really only use it for buttercream transfers. I go in a steal a spoonful every couple of weeks just to be sure it's hasn't gone bad. And also because I love the taste!
I also have never heard of Kmart having a bakery. But good luck!
Carmen500 that's a perfect tool to use! When I first posted a reply to the OP's question, that's what had in mind but you hit it right io the nail head. That's what I would use.
When I use my 3inch tall pans, I get a 3inch tall cake. If you used a 3inch tall pan and got a 1.75inch tall cake, I think you need to add more batter.
I think this might go very well with your cake. It is not too sweet.Cinnamon Mascarpone Frosting1 (8-ounce) tub of mascarpone cheese1 Tablespoon cinnamon2 teaspoons vanilla1 cup powdered sugarpinch of salt2 cups heavy creamhttp://bakedbree.com/mexican-chocolate-cake-with-mascarpone-frosting