Posts by doramoreno62

I add it to the price of the cake. I don't think I'd want it back. I would think it might get rusty or discolored after washing it, if it was on a buttercream or whipped cream cake. I buy mine at Michaels, Joanns or Hobby Lobby and always use the 40% discount coupon!
I agree. While the OP's cakes are well done, some are not original designs. My gallery has lots of pictures that were not my original design either. Most of them were replicated from pictures brought by customers who want the exact cake. Nothing wrong with that.Now, if the cake is replicated and it is claimed as an original design, now we have a problem!
Thanks everyone for your help. She decided on chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling. And kakeladi I love the versatility of PP. I decorate all my cakes with it!
I have a friend who will visit with us this weekend. She wants to take a cake cake home with her for her friends birthday party which will be on the 14th of January. I will be baking and decorating it this weekend so she may take it home with her Sunday night and freeze it when she gets home. My question is, Which fillings freeze well? I'm not too concerned about the cake or frosting (Pastry Pride) being frozen for 1 week but I'm more concerned about the filling. Obviously...
I made a cake for my god daughters quinceƱera, and I hope this is what you are looking for:http://cakecentral.com//gallery/15731896" satellite cakes all around with a styrofoam dummy in the center. This was a very heavy cake but I had no problems with the stacking. I use only PVC pipes (yes the ones used in plumbing. After all, your tap water runs thru them and we cook with and even drink tap water) for stacking. Just cut to size like a regular dowel. They MUST all be cut...
Thanks for the tips, it worked great!
I also use the candy balls as a previous posted said. Also for a more whimsical look or a kids cake, I use the gum balls too.
I have just enough leftover ganache to use on a small cake. It's whipped and I need to pour it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!
Did you shake both bottles very well? I shakeshakeshake them, especially the sheen colors. if not that, then maybe it was a bad batch. Thats all I can think off.
Here's the link to the recipe http://cakecentral.com/recipes/red-velvet-redux-easy-durable/