Posts by doramoreno62

May I ask why you would turn the box on it's side? If you put enough tape on the bottom, the cake is not about to fall out.
Honestly, I think this is a dumb idea. And I also think the OP is pulling our legs.
Margaret393 and K8memphis-thanks! That's just the push I needed, my mind is racing with different ideas!
Thanks K8 I know, I just thought there might be a recipe out there with some thing different added, you know, some pizzaz! lol! I already dried out the scraps and they are ready to go. I remember hearing about one with a whiskey sauce. ok, off I go into the world of googling!!
Anyone?
I have a lot of trimmings in my freezer and I do not want to make cake pops. I was thinking maybe cubing the trimmings, toasting them and....then I'm stuck. I want to make bread pudding. Anybody have a yummy recipe??
Frog22 did you ever make this cake? I'm very curious to see your version!
Yeah there are a few shops in my area of Cali that I buy them from. But I need a larger size and the only way to get them is to order online. But then they won't ship to Cali. So frustrating!
They are considered inedible in California   "The U.S. Food and Drug Administration considers the metallic-finish dragées to be inedible, and they are sold with a notice that they are for decorative purposes only. Early in the 20th century, the silver finish may have contained mercury (it no longer does). The sale of these dragées was banned for some time. Although the metallic-finish dragées can be purchased in 49 U.S. states, they are no longer sold in California due...
I have tried both methods as described by the ladies above. The ones I made from gumpaste got sticky with the moisture fron the spray. Putting them in a ziploc with luster dust worked well but were very light silver. I think if you make your gumpaste a light gray, the silver will stand out more. Now I only use sixlets, although they might be a bit big. Good Luck!