Posts by DotteCakes

They have them at Bed Bath and Beyond
It’s pretty much impossible to make a black fondant with color gels or food color. On top of bad tasting fondant from the color, you’ll loose the consistency of the fondant…it will be soft and impossible to work with. Suggest buying from Satin Ice or Duff. You can get Duff’s black fondant at Michaels and some Wal Mart…I even think Party City is selling Duff’s product now. Plus, it saves a big mess if you buy it precolored
NEED HELP MAKING SOME SMALL DECORATIONS SPIN ON A CAKE...ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.HAVE SOME MOTORS FROM RADIO SHACK BUT THEY ARE TOO FAST; KICK THE DECORATIONS RIGHT OFF. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCETHANK YOU.
Hello all! I have a cake that I need a slow rotating motor for one of the figures....purchased some hobby motors from Radio Shack, but they are way too fast for my need....Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!Thank you
Keep your head high and keep going. I know it's hard, but go back to your recipe and make it better (which I am sure it tasted good to begin with).I usually sample my cake topper once it been leveled...just to make sure I am happy with the results. We can't make everyone happy.It's the nature of the beast with the cake baking...PS..raise your prices, even if you are just getting started. You should be paid for your time plus material. For every 1 bad response you will have...
Any one have guidance on how to make a cake box? I would like to make a box and a lid, but have the lid sitting outside the box. Is the lid carved from styrofoam???Any help is greatly appreciated!