Posts by babypooh

I visited a bakery in Atlanta named Cami Cakes.  I must admit Im not a cupcake person but I have to say she has really good cupcakes.  Im told she uses oil instead of butter.  Is there a formula for doing this or are there cookbooks out there that have recipes that have oil/butter in all their recipes.  Ive tried to find something to not like abt her cupcakes, so I wouldnt eat as many, but honestly they are really good.  Not dry.  Even her sweet potato one is moist but...
I don't have very good success with searching the forums so I thought I would just come out and ask...Plastic one piece cupcake holders for reg/jumbo/mini cupcakes, where can I buy these bulk? I saw a entry for Ebay buy I'm not familiar with buying from there. Have you guys seen the boxes that they use on DC cupcakes, their inserts are 1 piece, I assume it has to be folded. Thank You!!
My husband gave me an article that said that all three bakeries will be in Chicago. Crumbs and Sprinkles are there already and Magnolia will be coming soon. The article had a smaller bakery there who I must say must feel awful. In Georgetown, Sprinkles is opened up around the corner from DC cupcakes. I thought about opening up a small bakery, but I really had to think long and hard. These big bakeries, in some cases open up because its in a major city, and in the DC...
Thank you indydebi.....I must say that you are talented, without a doubt...but you are also soooo funny....I know this is for more important info...but some of your responses are so funny that I can only imagine that you have a great sense of humor... so thanks again to you and to this blog....this is better than most colleges the info you guys share....
By the way, I'm not sad or anything, I just wished this site was there for me when I started out then, I would have gathered a lot of information and would have moved beyond those circumstances....thank God for this site...and for the most incredible people in the business who don't mind sharing but my children and grandchildren reap the benefits and it feels really good (for me) right now, to give occassionally....thanks
I was browsing through this site- did not know it was here...I thought that since today is my Birthday, I will be 55 years of age I wanted to share with you and thank you for this moment in time...I just recently started doing cookies..and found out about this site....Many years ago after completing a culinary class...I really wanted to start a business in cake decorating...I was really excited...this was 20 years ago...well what happened was dealing with my friends and...
No we are in Atlanta, I have ages in the twenties, and the oldest being 92, and the ones I tasted were oily, not to oily, but I asked the owner about them and she told me that she uses butter to so when I told the 92 year old that they were nice and moist due to the oil, thats when she stated that she doesn't eat cakes with oil in them...thats why I thought since they have butter in them also would that cancel out the oil factor, I'm just trying to please the older...
I have a daughter who swears by this new cupcake bakery called Cami Cakes Cupcakes, her red-velvet is to die for, I'm hosting a tea at my home and wanted to order some but I was told by the owner that all of the cupcakes had oil and butter in them? I have a lot of elderly women attending my tea and the oldest proclaimed she did not like oil in her cakes period, I was thinking since they have oil and butter would that make a big difference. This might be a ridiculous...
Im sorry for the delay, I found out that it is poured fondant, which the owner said is the staple for the rolled fondant....I guess I will have to continue ordering the Satin Ice....It would be nice to find a supplier that you could get the Satin Ice from....after reading comments about Wilton which doesn't taste good? and then there is Duffs which I heard cost a lot...so I think I might try using the recipe for MMF and see how I like it.
For anyone living in Illinois, I was at my local Gordon Foods picking up product and I noticed they had rolled fondant by Karps Foods...my question is has anyone used this fondant before and does it taste good. You can buy 50 pounds for $48.00 which I thought was a good price..any feedback would be appreciated.