Posts by SugarSugarDesserts

rejection letter here too....
Did anyone else get an email like that yet about casting being over and semi-finalists being picked?? CelinescakeryDid you send them an email asking and then got that response or did they just send you an email out of the blue?
Thought I would post the finished cake..... It is in my pictures at http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1927538
do a 3d rabbit. body out of cake, head could be cake or rice cereal and ears out of gumpaste on skewers.
I think surf boards are pretty manly...
No ones got any ideas???? Please need help
I am making my own birthday cake for my party and while it should be the easiest thing in the world to come up with an idea for myself it hasn't been.... I am stuck. Came up with a cake flavor at least I want to do a strawberry cake with a sugar cookie between the layers and I plan to put a little almond in the cookie. I like this idea but I am open to other suggections - just not chocolate becuase I am not into chocolate cake.Icing I can not decide whether or not to try...
Does anyone know of any cake competitions in these states this year??? I have been goggle searching and nothing. I am really interested but can't figure out how to find one. I have tried searching Cake competitions, cake decorating competitions, and cake contests and absolutely no hits.
I am looking for some good veiners and cutters to buy to start making more gumpaste flowers. Mainly roses, daisies, leaves, and other regularly used flowers. I want to put some money into my set and buy good cutters and vieners. Can you guys tell me what cutters and veiners you like. There are to many out there and I just don't know what ones to buy. I am especially looking for leaves and roses. Not sure if I will make one petal roses or the five petal kind as I have not...
I don't know how big you want to make the cake but I would use stacked round cakes to good support. Like BODY - 2 9" cakes with dowels, card board, and then 2 8" cakes with dowels, cardboard. HEAD - 2 6" cakes. Run a dowel down through the whole thing after that for stability. Maybe 2 dowels. Chill before you carve the cake so it will be easier. Use RKT for arms and legs. Or you can carve the arms when you carve the body if you are comfortable with that.