Posts by carolinagirlcakes

I think it say to long before I spooned into the pans. I spooned 3 different colors into the pan for the tye-dyed effect. But didn't settle the batter into the pan so I guess I will try it again and not let the batter sit and level the batter out. Fingers crossed!
Yep let the cool completely in the pan before removed them. And I don't push them down
I've never had this happen before and not sure why it did, any insight greatly appreciated. I'm using a white Duncan Hines mix colored and spooned into a 6" round pan. I crisco and flour the pans. I did not use the silver pan levelers on the outside because I never having an issues with a 6" rising. When I took them out of the oven they were completely risen up. Apparently as they sat to cool they fell. I hate to redo and the same thing happen help please. My batter...
Hello I am looking for a go-to, tried and true gluten free white cake recipe plus an icing recipe.  TIA
I am looking for suggestions on flavors, with recipes, that have been your tried and true wedding cake flavors.I am making my BFF's wedding cake in two weeks and she is wanting something simple, non-chocolate and I am just at a lose. She is pretty much leaving it all up to me from flavor to decorations. Luckily it is a pretty simple design and she does not want it overly decorated, just simply and elegant.Any tips, cake flavors with recipes or advice I would greatly...
I don't typically delivery cakes so I am not sure how to charge. I will be traveling round-trip 47 miles. Do I charge per mile or a flat rate fee? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I agree with sweetcakes... shop around and do your research. I have a Cricut and have been thinking about selling it to purchase a machine I can use clipart with. It is a pain to be restricted to the Cricut cartridges. Which I hadn't jump on board without doing research but I watched a demo and fell in love without knowing more, lol.
Personally I think the gold one looks like it is buttercream. I only say this because it does not look like a smooth, flawless fondant covered cake. IMO if you look closely you can kind of see the slightest imperfections in a smoothed buttercream. Then I believe it is airbrushed with the gold.As for the dot cake it too look like buttercream, probably a Wilton tip #21, and then the dots have been mashed down just slightly to take away the point affect.I am no expert but...
Thanks!! I really loved the design I came up with and thought it turned out pretty good. I still need to get better with my buttercream looking more finished. I use an American BC (1/2 stick crisco, 1 stick butter) and love it and get good compliments on it but thinking I need to start experimenting with others. When my Mom gets around to ordering them I will be getting Sugarshack BC DVD's for my bday which was over a month ago, lol. So hoping they help me perfect my...
Well they picked up the cake around 12:30 and they loved it. Now waiting to hear back on flavor I was able to sleep for 4-4.5 hours. Now sitting around watching tv with the fam and about to get up to cook something for dinner before I start on my cupcake order... only 20 but still gotta figure out a design If it attached correctly this is the finished cake. Tried adding other views and my inspiration but it attaches like 3-4 copies and I don't know why. So to see...