Posts by RheaCakeQueen

Thank you all for your comments. I know I shouldn't feel bad, but it is the first tasting I have had to cancel because the date booked up (signed contract and check in hand) before the tasting could take place.  At least it was before and the bride isn't out any money (I charge for my tastings), so that is a good thing.  I am sure this too will get easier in time as my business grows. I appreciate the reassurance that I did everything right and this is just part of the...
I have never had this happen before, but I had Bride A come for a tasting and left with no commitment because they had other tastings. No problem. Then Bride B asks for a tasting, and her wedding date is the same day as Bride A. I set up the date for that tasting (still hasn't happened yet). Today I head back from bride A and they want to book the date (Yay!).  So now I have no availability for that date. How do you tactfully tell bride B that her date is no longer...
No, it was not the No Fail Sugar cookies, I know for a fact that there was no baking powder or baking soda in the recipe I am thinking about. I tried this recipe too, and I like it, but it does spread, at least enough to fill in the holes in this cutter.
Ok, somewhere on here, there was a post with a formula for sugar cookies that did not spread. The poster said that it was a ratio I think of Butter (1) :Sugar (2) :Flour (3) I think, with an egg for every three cups of flour? I don't remember but I marked that post as one to follow, but it isn't in my posts I am following list anymore. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Do I have the ratio/recipe correct? I really need a NO spread cookie recipe and so far every...
I want to make some sugar cookies for Christmas this year but my Mom has developed some food allergies. I have a recipe for the cookies, but I just realized that there is corn starch in powdered sugar, and corn is a no-no. Is there any way to make a royal-like icing without powdered sugar? Are there any other icings that I might be able to make that avoid cornstarch (and dairy and gluten! but eggs are okay). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Ganache should be measured by weight... 2/1 ratio by weight, not volume. The ratio does change depending on the type of chocolate. 2/1 is for semi-sweet. Good luck! I love ganache =o)
The website the OP posted has a F rating from the BBB... http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/scrapbooking-suppliers/ks-marketing-in-pleasant-grove-ut-22269374
One trick I learned to make it easier to get the royal out the smaller tips, strain the icing through a new pair of pantyhose. I use one of the large couplers and wrap the hose around the coupler and screw on the ring part then start squeezing. It helps to remove all the sugar crystals and makes it smoother and easier to pipe. It is messy though, so be prepared! Also, make sure your consistency is right, if it is too stiff (which it sounds like it might be), it will be...
I just found them on the BBB website... they have an F rating. Wow, I don't see F's that often!http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/scrapbooking-suppliers/ks-marketing-in-pleasant-grove-ut-22269374 Too bad, that sounded so tempting!
Do you charge for your tastings? If you don't maybe you should and then if they book with you, the price of the tasting is credited towards the cost of the cake? That way at least you are not wasting your time doing a tasting for those who just want free cake or are just looking for the "experience".