Posts by tokazodo

Thanks again for all your input. I sent the e-mail but have not heard from the middle man.If there is any further 'drama', I will let you know. I apologize about all the type o's in the original post. I was posting from my new kindle fire. I love the fire but the word processing in it, not so much!Thanks again, It helps to know I made the right decision.
Thanks very much. I needed to hear it from others. I am sending an e-mail now to cancel any remaining orders.
This past season i have been dealing with a person who is selling my cakes as part of a package deal. This person has been high maintenance sine day one but i dealt with it. After all this is business, right? Yesterday i called to cover final details for final order of the season. I was chided for "Talking to one of my brides, please don't talk to any of MY brides." I had a bride contact me. (middle man gave my contact info) The bride emailed and said that she was...
What they said
Well said!
My pastor showed me this:If you make a fist, you can use the outer part of the fist to make the foot and just use your finger to make the toes. Imagine making a fist with your right hand, turn your hand vertical, so your thumb is up. Press the side of your hand facing down in an ink pad and stamp it on paper. (food gels, fondant?) Now open your hand and stick your finger in the food gels and mark five toes. My pastor said they would do this when they were teenagers (with...
I use a crusting buttercream and I add cocoa for the chocolate flavor. I love the flavor it adds. If it get's too chocolaty, I add some milk. Yummo!
I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible:I experienced a complaint about one of my cakes this fall, similar to yours. It ruined me. I told my husband, "I've made over 120 cakes this summer and this is the first complaint I've received!"He responded, "One, out of 120? That's better then an 'A' average, isn't it?" That made me feel better. The letter was well written, but from a business stand point is it necessary to be so thorough?When I write back and forth with...
Your gelatin butterflies are beautiful. I wonder if you could pour the gelatin over the ink stamper and use it as a mold?
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2114975I made this butterfly by forcing MMF through a clay extruder. I printed out a photo of a buttefly I liked, placed a piece of wax paper over the photo, and then just placed the fondant strings over the wax paper. I put the finished product into the freezer for about 10 minutes, then quickly dusted with gold pearl dust and quickly placed it on the cake while it was still solid from the freezer. Can you use the food gels, diluted with...