Posts by tokazodo

The same as you would charge for any other three tiered wedding cake.
I purchased a small sauce pan at a thrift store, just for boiling my tips. As I am cleaning up my mess, I cut the tips out of the disposable pastry bags and put them directly into the sauce pan. I cover the tips with water and bring to a boil. I dump them into a strainer and boil again. I do this again, only this time, I add a drop of dish washing liquid to the water. (This must be watched, it will boil over quickly) I dump through a strainer, and boil one more time with...
I try to pride myself on being one that doesn't freak out over a little change. I can understand the stream lining of the design, but I can't find anything. It took me a few minutes to find a reply box for this forum. The feature I miss the most is the most currant post of the forum posted at the bottom of the home page. The conversations were current. I tried to search a cake. Searching your galleries are vital to me. Everything is taking so long to load. I am using...
please be sure to post a photo and let us know here when you have it up. I'd love to see it.
Thanks again for all your input. I sent the e-mail but have not heard from the middle man.If there is any further 'drama', I will let you know. I apologize about all the type o's in the original post. I was posting from my new kindle fire. I love the fire but the word processing in it, not so much!Thanks again, It helps to know I made the right decision.
Thanks very much. I needed to hear it from others. I am sending an e-mail now to cancel any remaining orders.
This past season i have been dealing with a person who is selling my cakes as part of a package deal. This person has been high maintenance sine day one but i dealt with it. After all this is business, right? Yesterday i called to cover final details for final order of the season. I was chided for "Talking to one of my brides, please don't talk to any of MY brides." I had a bride contact me. (middle man gave my contact info) The bride emailed and said that she was...
What they said
Well said!
My pastor showed me this:If you make a fist, you can use the outer part of the fist to make the foot and just use your finger to make the toes. Imagine making a fist with your right hand, turn your hand vertical, so your thumb is up. Press the side of your hand facing down in an ink pad and stamp it on paper. (food gels, fondant?) Now open your hand and stick your finger in the food gels and mark five toes. My pastor said they would do this when they were teenagers (with...