Posts by tokazodo

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20145&name=4%20x%202%20inch%20Round%20Cake%20Pan%20by%20Fat%20Daddio's
WOW!
Today, I spoke with someone about an up coming order. They said the venue is going to charge a cake cutting fee of $1.50 per slice. This is the first I have heard of a thing like this. Anyone else heard of this?Cake for 200 people X's cake cutting fee of $1.50 per slice = $300.00 for cutting cake? I'm thinking about giving up cake decorating and becoming a professional cake cutter. My hours will be cut dramatically, and the overhead is way low! Lol!
I have used it in my Red Velvet Cake Recipe. I would try 1 teaspoon at first and adjust it from there. I honestly don't think you will need a tablespoon of it. Americolor is some pretty concentrated stuff. I love it! I have not noticed any after taste with the Americolor food gels, in my Red Velvet Cake.
I'm with CRW41. I freeze. It's the only way I can get a head in life. Another useful tool I have found is a thin plastic cutting sheet you find at the Dollar Store. Last time I purchased they came 2 for a dollar. I have actually cut on in half, width wise. You can use a full thin cutting sheet for slipping under cakes which feel too fragile to handle. The cakes slide right on and off.It's great for slipping in between layers which have already been torted. I also use...
I went to google and typed in 'plaid cake', and clicked images. there were a couple of good examples there. If I were going to make this cake, I would make the 2 layer quarter sheet and shape like you are saying. I would roll my fondant out, perhaps in a base color, or just white, in a solid sheet, and then paint with vodka and food gels to get the desired plaid look. Instead of pleating the fondant (won't that be too thick?)I would cut the fondant in strips and overlap...
The same as you would charge for any other three tiered wedding cake.
I purchased a small sauce pan at a thrift store, just for boiling my tips. As I am cleaning up my mess, I cut the tips out of the disposable pastry bags and put them directly into the sauce pan. I cover the tips with water and bring to a boil. I dump them into a strainer and boil again. I do this again, only this time, I add a drop of dish washing liquid to the water. (This must be watched, it will boil over quickly) I dump through a strainer, and boil one more time with...
I try to pride myself on being one that doesn't freak out over a little change. I can understand the stream lining of the design, but I can't find anything. It took me a few minutes to find a reply box for this forum. The feature I miss the most is the most currant post of the forum posted at the bottom of the home page. The conversations were current. I tried to search a cake. Searching your galleries are vital to me. Everything is taking so long to load. I am using...
please be sure to post a photo and let us know here when you have it up. I'd love to see it.