Posts by tokazodo

If you have ever wanted to learn to work with fondant, this is probably one of the easiest shapes to cover with fondant. You don't have any corners and the 'belly' shape tapers out, so you don't have to work about stretches or folds. There are plenty of youtube videos of how to cover a cake with fondant. I have seen the 'belly's, baked in mixing bowls. You should not have a problem making this cake, go for it![/b]
It's a two tier, I don't think you will have any problem. I would stack it, with the supports and make sure the air is very cool. Keep in mind, you want to keep the sun off the cake, and drive like you are driving with a stacked wedding cake in the car. Allow plenty of stopping distance between you and the car in front of you. Two tiers are not very tall at all. I have made a lot of them and transported a lot of them.All of them were butter cream. I keep the air...
Yes, I have experienced this also, just as auzzi has said, I find it where cocoa has been used in a recipe. (or buttermilk, or sour cream)Baking is a science of chemical reactions. If it is written in the formula, (recipe) follow it. Still in doubt? Try the recipe with and then without the baking soda. You will probably find the product without the baking soda, flatter and not as tall as the product with.
You have this saved on a file somewhere so all you have to do is copy and paste each time the quesiton is asked, don't you?
As far as the writing on the cake with the baby in a chef's hathow about, ganache"Hey Baby, what's cooking?"
I use a small sauce pan and a strainer. 1. Boil tips and couplers in water. 2. Dump in strainer, rinse and add more water, bring to a boil again. 3. add 1 or 2 drops dish washing liquid. Keep an eye on this, it will boil over quickly. 4. Rinse thoroughly, add more fresh water and bring to a boil again. After it comes to a boil, strain and right away, sit on a few folded paper towels to dry. The heat dries them almost instantly. I do this as I am cleaning up my mess. It...
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm9" 7" gives you 49 servings, 10' 7" gives you 59 servings12" 10" gives you 99 servings. I would encourage you to look at the Wilton chart above and make sure it's the correct amount. These are 'wedding cake slices', not 'sit down and eat a hunk of cake', slices. I hope this helps, tokazodo
Yes, there is a difference between bench scrappers. I started out with a Wilton metal bench scraper and had troubles. I purchased one from Design me a cake .com and I haven't had any problems whatsoever. This tool makes a difference for me. http://designmeacake.com/catalog/i33.html
To be a little clearer: I would just bake 2 cake mixes plus the additions. I would measure out the 10 cups of batter into the 12 inch square. If there was only one cup of batter left in the bowl after measuring it out, I would just pour it all into the square. If there is more then one cup left over, I would make the cupcakes. Again, I hope this helps, tokazodo
I find that the average cake mix yields about 5 cups of batter. (That's a ball park figure) When I bake, I always look at my charts and measure out my batter. http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfmAccording to this Wilton Baking/Serving Chart, you will need 10 cups of batter for each 12" square you bake. Because Kakeladi's recipe adds an additional 1 cup sugar, 1 cup of sour cream and 1 cup of flour, I think it would be safe to say you...