Posts by de_montsoreau

Yep, "Quakes" came to mind first. Not a thing I would lie to be associated with considering the current situation in Japan, Australia and New Zealand.I like to colors and teh style in general - young and fresh.
Friday night going into Saturday morning here in Europe... The 30th birthday cake I worked on last night has just been picked up. Chocolate cake with creamy marzipan filling. Cake designed as a present with bow, name of birthday boy and a few butterflies (yes, his girlfriend ordered it lol)Now I have to finish 85 cupcakes in 3 different flavours plus the cutting cake. Chocolate with rasperry-cream cheese frosting, yellow cake with dark chocolate cream cheese frosting and...
Understated elegance with just 1 or 2 colours and max. 2 design elements (i.e. flowers) and sleek lines is what I would call my "style". Of course I make other cakes as the customer demands, but the pictures on my website and the dummy cakes I do for bridal shows reflect my personal taste quite clearly and the majority of my customers come to me because they share the same "taste". So I think it is possible to steer towards the customers you want to make cakes for Great...
I am happy to say that I cann even top this - 20 minute telephone conversation and 2 e-mails to confirm. Boy, did I have fun that day!!
I think it's the salted butter. Depending on the salt content and considering that you add additional salt, I would guess that this is the culpritt.
I do the whole thing slightly differently. As I usually visit the couples in their home for the consult. I give them a rough estimate at the end of the consult and promise them an e-mail 1-2 days later. At home, I do my calculations, type a detailed fact sheet with all info on it and send the contract and the fact sheet as pdf with my scanned in signature plus a nice text and any other infos and links they might need per e-mail. My offers are also good for 2 weeks only....
That is an amazing price, over here in Germany I have to pay more than triple for a simple KA, let alone for a 6qt one.Would someone be willing to order one for me as I can not have it shipped to my location. I will pay with PayPal upfront, all other details via KN. TIA!
Well, in Germany (which is definitely a part of Europe ) 95 % of the population have no idea what fondant is. Another 2-3 % only know the liquid version. So I ALWAYS have to explain. But the up side is that people eat it, I hardly see anyone peeling ist off. Granted I tweak mine to make it less sweet.
Well, if there really is a conspiracy of the US Government concerning butter, they must have called the German Government as well and asked them to participate )Last year I paid 0.69 € for 250 grams of butter - a year later I am set back 1.05 €. Milk has gone up as well but not that dramatically. Eggs have stayed the same. Go figure. And butter has not been for sale anywhere for months - I have been paying close attention Also, it costs exactly the same at all the...
Eggs remain constant in price at the moment here in Germany, but butter has gone up considerably - it is now arouund $2.68 for a metric pound. Ugh. Interestingly milk and other milk products did not go up or only slightly.